



TBRNA Regional Service Conference – August 8, 2020 – Hybrid/Virtual Meeting
*****The next RSC will be a virtual meeting on November 14, 2020**

Meeting opened at 9:00am with a moment of silence followed by the Service Work Prayer and the readings of the Twelve Traditions and the Twelve Concepts for NA Service.

Welcome new participants

Attendance

Servants

Facilitator	Tom K.	Present
Co-Facilitator	Michael C.	Present
Treasurer	Kent L. Elected	Present
Co-Treasurer		Present
Regional Delegate	Keith P.	Present
Regional Delegate Alternate	Steven P.	Present
Recorder	Esteban R. Elected	Present
Adopt an Inmate Facilitator	Troy W. Elected	Present
Convention 2021 Facilitator	Susen GB.	Present
Convention 2021 Co-Facilitator	Ed F.	
Convention 2021 Treasurer	Nick	
Convention Advisory Committee Member	Michael S.	Present
Convention Advisory Committee Member	John C.	Present
Convention Advisory Committee Member	Lucy	
Convention Advisory Committee Member		
Convention Advisory Committee Member		
Hospitals & Institutions Facilitator	Dan H. / James B.	Present
Internet Technology Facilitator	Steve S. Elected	Present
Literature Review Facilitator	Lynn S.	Present
Policy Facilitator	Chris C.	Present
Public Relations Facilitator		
Webservant	Tom L.	Present

Attendance

Area Representatives

	Brazos Valley Area	Michael C.	Present
	Brazos Valley Area	LeeAnn B.	
	Central Texas Area	Kent L.	Present
	Central Texas Area	Brian E.	
	Coastal Bend Area	Don B.	Present
	Coastal Bend Area	Troy W.	Present
	Esperanza Area	Herb M.	Present
	Esperanza Area	Gary L.	Present
	Freedom Area	Steven P.	Present
	Freedom Area	Chris C.	Present
	Hill Country Area	Chelsea S.	Present
	Hill Country Area	George B.H.	Present
	Northside Area	Brian N.	Present
	Northside Area		
	Rio Grande Valley Area	Rebecca L.	Present
	Rio Grande Valley Area		
	Southeast Texas Area	Twana S.	
	Southeast Texas Area	Vanessa R.	Present
	Texas Tri-County Area	Josanna L.	Present
	Texas Tri-County Area		
	Houston Area	Dawn H.	Present
	Houston Area		

Elections:

Service Pool Facilitator – 0

Recorder – Esteban R. – Consensus

Treasurer – Kent L. – Consensus

Co-Treasurer – 0

Hospitals & Institutions Facilitator -

Public Relations Facilitator –

Tejas Bluebonnet Regional Convention 202? –

Delegate Team Report

Regional Delegate:

Greetings Tejas Bluebonnet Region!

The past 3 months have been quite eventful, I'm almost positive. Unfortunately, no one saw these events because we were all stuck at home.

The AD and I attended 2 Virtual WSC participant webinars to go over what we did not finish during the 1st go round in April. On June 15th we met to plan out the agenda for this weekend's 2nd series of WSC

meetings and to review the rules of order we would follow. On August 1 we met again for a question and answer session and orientation to those rules of order.

Southern Zonal Forum

On July 24th the AD and I both attended the Southern Zonal Forum, which was scheduled for Kentucky this year, but because of the current situation was conducted virtually. The only topic of substance from this meeting that bears discussion is the SZF prudent reserve will now be \$5000 to reflect new PR/FD budget approved at the meeting in January. The next SZF was supposed to be at the Multi-Zonal in September, but since that is cancelled, we will be meeting virtually in October. January 2021 SZF will also be virtual. The region was supposed to host the SZF in the Fall of 2021 but that will be pushed back to 2022 and the next in person SZF will pick up next Summer in KY.

Part 2 of the Partial Virtual WSC

Day 1 (August 7)

1. Minutes were approved from the 2018 WSC with consensus. 98 in favor, 4 opposed, 5 abstentions, 12 Present, not voting.
2. Rules to conduct business were approved with consensus. Unanimous support.
3. CAR Motion 2 to approve the new Mental health and Recover IP passed with unanimous support.
4. CAR Motion 12 – Regional motion requesting NAWS to produce Spanish audio versions of the BT, IWHW, and the Step Working Guide. Had support in the initial poll conducted prior to the meeting (but our region was Opposed) and then support went down in the subsequent poll conducted today, so we will respond via an e-Poll on Sunday. Nothing Steve or I heard in the discussion moved us to consider a change of vote, so I will continue to oppose based on the groups responses.
5. Motion 15 to produce a PR video passed with consensus support. 101 yes, 6 opposed, 1 abstention, 2 PNV.
6. Motion 10- To produce a project plan for 2022 for virtual meetings guidelines. Passed with 109 yes, 1 No, 2 abstentions and 2 PNV. An amendment to this motion to include discussion about making virtual meetings and groups part of the service structure was not approved. It was felt this would be covered in the work the project plan would lay out, and after a spirited discussion and 4 straw poll vote that took an hour and a half, we finally killed off the amendment- it did not meet the 2/3 majority requirement to pass.
7. The last item of business today was Motion 29 from the CAT to approve the changes to GWSNA as presented in the CAT. This motion was approved by consensus 105 yes, 7 no, 10 abstentions, 6 PNV.

We still have 2 more days of WSC Part 2 this weekend, and I am optimistic that they will go as well as today did. I should let you know that it was decided back in the summer that the FIPT motions were not going to be addressed until we could conduct business face to face, so those motions will be back in the fall of 2021 to workshop and vote on at that time. After a lot of deliberation it seems the WB and NAWS decided that is the best course of action- these are difficult discussions to have for some regions so F2F is probably the best way to sort the FIPT motions out without creating major resentments. More Will Be Revealed.

Please join us via You Tube if you can. I will email out the link later in the day when I can confirm it. Steve will post it up to social media if that is how you locate such things. I am continuing my detox off of social media and I am very content with that. You may still reach me on the Messenger app, phone, or email.

All of the virtual WSC materials may be found on the NA.org website at this link: <https://www.na.org/?ID=wsc2020virt>

Thank you for letting me serve the Tejas Bluebonnet Region.

Keith P.

Regional Delegate Alternate:

Good morning. I am glad to be here at the RSC in person and on zoom.

In the last few months, I have attended by virtual means the ASC meetings for the Houston Area (HASCONA,) the Freedom Area and the Texas Tri-County Area (TTCANA.)

I have been able to attend the Northside Area (NASCONA) in person and provide zoom services from there which has given me some experience for being the zoom interface for this meeting today.

If you cannot hear the f2f participants, or are having some other technical problem, please contact me on chat, or by phone – my number is below, and we will work to find solution.

I want to thank all members here who provided copies of their reports via email. That allows me to read them before the RSC so that I am better organized and better able to serve the Region.

There was a NAWS webinar discussing virtual meetings, and meeting conditions in general at this time with the pandemic. That was held two weeks ago on July 25th. Neither Keith, nor I, were able to get into the zoom room. Hopefully NAWS is providing a synopsis of the topics covered in that meeting, and we will forward that information to all in the Region as soon as it is available.

The partial, virtual World Service Conference (part 2,) will re-convene at 1 PM the day of the RSC, Saturday August the 8th. So, the RD and I are hoping that the RSC will be finished before then.

Otherwise, we will have to step out and go to that zoom meeting to perform our duties to the Region.

The RD and I anticipate no problems carrying the group conscience of the Region to the World on the CAR proposals, and other items of business on the agenda.

When the WSC is completed (probably this weekend) we will report the results of the WSC to the Region, in an email to all@tbrna.org.

We will be available for further discussion concerning the WSC at the next RSC, or whenever the Region wishes.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

Steven Primm Regional Delegate Alternate (713) 357-8030 stevenprimm1955@gmail.com

Co-Facilitator

There has been no communication from TSCNA Board, not even an announcement that the 2nd quarter meeting was not meeting.

Requesting gas reimbursement to Region \$ _____

Of service,

MichaelC, 979-209-4679 metat2u@aol.com

Policy Facilitator

HI all,

I am continuing to edit the current policy. This should be completed within the next 2 weeks. Upon receipt, please review.

Some additions need to be made, more info and links to the TBRNA.

Here's the current progress.

Draft of TBRNA Policy submitted for review

Area Reports:

Brazos Valley Area

BVANA has seven Groups: Keep it Simple, New day and Without Parallel are not meeting. New Beginnings, New freedom, Miracles Happen and Strength & Hope are physically meeting 9 times a week total.

Area did not meet in April through June and in the last 2 months there has been much discussion on the need for Area to meet and whether groups need even collect a 7th Tradition and pass it along.

From last October we have 4 people continuing to serve in their positions (Treasurer, PI, H&I and Lit.), four newly elected (Chair, Recorder, Co-recorder, Ad-hoc TBRCNA-21 liaison) and 4 vacancies (Co-chair, Co-treasurer, Activities, and Policy). Elections are in October again with all positions open. PI and H&I are at a standstill, facilities are not allowing anyone in.

Around mid-July the BVANA treasurer submitted the 2nd quarter donation of \$125.00 through the TBRNA.org and I have a check #1305, \$125.00 for the 3rd quarter donation.

No announcements.

Request: How are other Areas operating currently?

Of service,

Michael C. 979-209-4679 mctat2u@aol.com

Central Texas Area

Greetings to all from Central Texas Area.

Our Area has 49 Groups with a total of 97 meetings weekly of which 30 meetings a week are held Face to Face and 67 meetings that are held virtual.

ASC: Has been meeting via Zoom. Open positions are Vice-chair, Assistant Treasurer, Assistant Policy and RCM2. CTANA made a quarterly donation of \$344.02.

H&I: Although we are not allowed to go inside any of our facilities, we have been providing literature to any facility we can. Some facilities are attending the online zoom meetings as well. During this time, the H&I Subcommittee has been making revisions to our policy.

P/R: Has had their plate full in keeping up with the ever-changing changes to the Area web page mainly keeping up with meeting schedules as it pertains to either F2F or Zoom info.

The **10th Annual Big Texas Rally for Recovery** will be September 17- 19. This year it will be held virtually. Anyone that is in recovery can submit a 15 second video for free. Longer slots are available for purchase. For instance, \$100 buys a 30 second video, \$500 buys a 5 minute video, and so on.

CTANA has been allowed to submit one of our PSA videos "EYES" at no cost.

Activities: No Activities at this time.

Motion presented by CTANA:

To have the RCM ask CBANA as to why RBS has decided to not give any refunds of registrations? I reached out to the RBS Chair and the answer of, "It was a committee decision" did not sit well with our Area. CTANA would like the Transparency of are the funds "In the Bank?"

As to the RCM for CTANA, I will also like to ask EANA the same question as to why Frolic has decided to not issue a refund as well?

ILS,

Kent L.

Coastal Bend Area

The Coastal Bend Area services approximately 28 groups within the CBANA.org meeting schedule of which approximately 8 actively participate at the ASC level. Currently have approximately 6 F2F meetings and 34 virtual meetings taking place. Nueces County remains with restrictions of groups no more than 10, at least 6 feet apart, and face mask required.

ASC currently has 2 positions vacant – Co-Facilitator and Co-Literature Chair

H&I: Normally service 7 facilities. Only one facility currently allowing members in person. No virtual meetings per facility.

Activities: No events currently planned

PI: It was voted to end services with Freedom Voice after services are activated with TWILIO. Currently on a month to month basis with Freedom Voice.

RBS: Motion to cancel for 2020 RBS approved by ASC due to inability to attain beach permit from county. All registrations will be moved to 2021.

P&P: New chairperson, Megan H., voted into position. Current policies are being reviewed for clarity and conformity. Sections reviewed are provided to the monthly ASC for review. Once the review is complete, the ASC will vote to have the updated P&Ps implemented. This is without the use of an Ad Hoc.

RBS Ad Hoc: Policy and procedures have been neared completion and to be adapted into the CBANA policies for approval. The committee will review one final time and should be dissolved.

During the last ASC there was much discussion concerning groups using the Coastal Bend Recovery Club and Traditions. We look to the Region members to provide experience when areas use outside facilities such as club house settings for doing business and storage.

CBANA has no donation for Region at this time.

Thanks,

Don B. CBANA RCM 1

Esperanza Area

Our NA meetings: EANA has a total of 54 meetings throughout the week. Twenty-nine of these groups have voting privileges and 25 are non-voting. There is a combination of electronic and in person meetings in the area (Please access EANA meeting list at: <https://eanaonline.org/>).

Our Regional donation this quarter: \$524.81 (submitted electronically by EANA Treasurer).

H&I: Fifteen (15) facilities are served by EANA. Since the COVID pandemic the committee has not been allowed into any of these facilities. The committee is in the process of adding online presentations.

Important EANA Event information:

Frolic in the Woods 2020 has been canceled this year due to requirements of state park during pandemic.

EACNA VII is in the process of re-negotiations of hotel contract. Due to the pandemic we may need to pay a fee to cancel the convention scheduled for January 2021. More will be revealed.

Please visit <https://eanaonline.org/> for upcoming events.

The next Esperanza Area Service Committee meeting is scheduled for August 16, 2020 (Sunday) from 1100- 1500 via Zoom platform. We will be taking nominations for all Officers and Subcommittee Chairpersons (except Treasurer and Alternate Treasurer which occur at the December ASC per our policy) at this ASC.

Lastly, our area would like to see another Treasury Audit done since the Regional Treasurer finished her commitment and has handed over the books to the Regional Facilitator.

I have attached a list of our current Officers and Subcommittee Chairs to this report.

EANA list of Officers and Subcommittee Chairs:

Chair: Armando S.

Vice Chair: Leonora Y.

Secretary: Esteban R.

Alternate Secretary: Christin S.

Treasurer: C.J. A.

Alternate Treasurer: Alia C.

RCM I: Herb M.

RCM II: Gary L.

Activities Chair: Johnny C.
Esperanza Area Convention VII Chair: Raymond L.
Frolic in the Woods 2020 Chair: Jesse D.
Hospitals & Institutions Chair: James B.
Internet Technology Chair: -Teresa M.
Literature Bank Chair: Delmar R.
Literature Review Chair: Lupita S.
Newsletter Chair: Ashley T.
Outreach Chair: **Open**
Phone Line Chair: Liz H.S.
Policy Chair: Cameron M.
Public Information Chair: Roger S. Sr
Yours in Service,
EANA RCM Team
Herb M. (RCM1)
Gary L. (RCM2)

Freedom Area

Hi All

The Freedom Area is going ok. Some groups are still meeting via Zoom, while others are on pause. As of today, there are no meetings that are face to face. We don't have a donation, nor did we have any from our groups. We have been discussing how to improve participation in our Area meetings.

Much love to all.

Chris

214 868 7935

Hill Country Area

Fellow Trusted Servants of TBRNA: We hope this email finds y'all healthy and in good spirits!

HCANA does not have too much to report during these uncharted times.

Our annual event, "**Recovery on a River**" has been canceled for any in-person attendance. A zoom event will take place instead, on August 23rd from 2-5pm with speakers sharing 170 years of collective clean time! We'd love to have y'all join us!

The event flyer is attached to this email, and the zoom information is as follows:

Meeting ID: 844 2427 1972 Password: 08232020

For up-to-date information on meeting status/availability in the area, please visit our website <https://hillcountryna.org> (On the home page, under the "Welcome" header, links are present for open, phone/online and temporary meeting closures.)

HCANA's Donation to Region: \$25.33. Funds provided via check by HCANA treasurer, Travis - sent to Tom, in lieu of Regional Treasurer as position is vacant.

In Loving Service,

Chelsea S (RCM2) and George BH (RCM 1)

Houston Area

Greetings from the Houston Area of Narcotics Anonymous!

We are doing well during this quarantine, due to COVID-19. Our last ASC was held July 27th during a Zoom virtual broadcast. Through consensus it was decided that our next ASC will also be held via Zoom on Aug. 30th 2020.

At the last ASC 11 groups were present with 9 groups having voting privileges. We have one new meeting, Early Birds which meets Mon. mornings at 6 a.m. Familial Unida has become a part of our

Area again which we are excited about. Most meetings are being held virtually, but some are doing hybrid meetings. Some are having outdoor meetings. There is one group in our Area that is having full on open meeting, but are taking all precautions while doing so. We are still in need of a Co-Facilitator, Co-Treasurer, and RCM 1, but all admin and sub-committee chairs were present.

H&I: Sam D. our H&I chair is continuing to stay in the process of having Zoom meetings within the facilities we go366.29 into. Contact has been made but still have been unable to get one started at any facility and they are still waiting on approval from a rehabilitation center.

Policy: Leslie R. our Policy Chair has completed the revision of the policies and procedures for H&I and P.R. which have been updated into Policy, which now reflects all changes and new policies effective as of 6.28.20. The completed document has been sent to the P.R. facilitator for posting on our website.

Activities: Planning to host a monthly speaker meeting as an online event until further notice, if there is no objection to that. They plan on having different formats/themes, i.e. 90 day panel, old timers' panel, applying principals during hard times, etc. Some type of event for Unity Day is being planned also.

P.R.: Working on keeping the website up to date with all the meeting changes being done continuously. Asking for groups to please email all changes so as to keep the list on the web updated. At this time they are holding off printing schedules.

Outreach: They are in the planning stages of reaching out to groups struggling, virtually and are reaching out to members to help do just that. New thoughts, ideas? Etc...

HACNA: There has not been opportunities to hold fundraising events for this upcoming HACNA 14 and have fallen behind in that process. After much discussion within the committee and the groups, it has been decided to hold off on the convention date and push it out to Sept. 2022. The committee will continue to meet every other month.

The next ASC will be held virtually August 30, 2020.

Closing treasury report:

May 31, 2020 statement:	\$9,366.29
June revenue:	\$269.72
June expenses:	\$106.20
Prudent Reserve:	\$2,500.00
June 30, 2020 statement:	\$9,529.81

Blessed in service,
Dawn H. RCM2

Northside Area

Greetings, I would first like to introduce our recently elected RCM 1 Mikaila Hauptert. We are grateful to have her support in service to the fellowship. Please give her a warm welcome. Her e-mail is referenced here: mikailamasters27@gmail.com

Activities: The Woodlands Group of NA remains hopeful that Huntsville State Park will allow us to host a Campout this October 16th -18th . Since Fellowship by the Lake was canceled our Area is supporting this event with a portion of contributions raised during the FBTL fundraising and plan renting additional spaces to accommodate a larger number of attendees. Most groups except for a few are meeting virtually via Zoom or na12steps.com. We are working on creating a new flyer that will have the meeting formats along with ID's to distribute. The most current schedule of online meetings is posted on our website. <https://nascona.org/>

The Recovery in Progress Group is known for its Outdoor Meetings and the open-air environment has allowed for face to face meetings with social distancing that continue to grow. So much so at this point the group is considering relocating to accommodate the attendees. Neighborhood parking is limited and has become a concern expressed by the group more will be revealed, and any changes will be posted on our website and communicated.

The Better Late than Never group also is meeting face to face however there are restrictions to how many can gather in the designated meeting location. Currently their meeting capacity is seventeen. The Cypress Group has been allowed to resume meetings with a 10-person capacity. Tomball New Attitudes is meeting virtually and also utilizing a local park to have open meetings. Mikala could provide more details on how those arrangements are being received.

Brian N's Phone# (832)610-4511

A growing concern in our Area is maintaining Social distancing, sanitizing, and the use of masks in our meetings as well as keeping up with the changes regarding meeting schedules that are a dim reflection of our current reality. We want our meetings to be a safe atmosphere for those interested in what NA has to offer so for the groups meeting in person we have asked that each review the guidelines for re-opening during the pandemic offered from NAWS.

Contributions: Our most recent contribution was in the amount of \$541.66.

Our Area needs to reconcile all 2020 contributions made to the region for an upcoming financial audit. We have received some direction but a simple list of the contributions received would suffice.

We also have a contribution of \$217.83 collected from Cypress Group of NA for AAI that I will pass on to the Facilitator if present.

I would like to take back some consensus of what is working best in our efforts of carrying the message.

Most of our area service committees are at a standstill as H&I services have been all but halted and Public relations are strained. With these challenges, new ideas and creative actions of the spirit will emerge that will change the way we engage with each other.

I am grateful to be clean in the mist of this unprecedented time in our history and look forward to seeing what the future of Narcotics Anonymous will look like.

I thank you all for your service to this fellowship and for sharing your experience strength and hope.

For more information about NASCONA please visit our website at <https://nascona.org/>

Northside Area Service Committee of NA (NASCONA) meets monthly on the 1st Sunday at 1:15 PM-4:15 PM, 2030 FM 2854 (Old Montgomery Hwy.) located at Better Late Than Never Group; P.O. BOX 1042, TOMBALL, TX 77377

As a reminder, NAWS has created a page of resources to help in your efforts to find and serve at NA meetings in the time of the Corona virus.

Check it out: www.na.org/virtual

I plan to be in attendance in Lake Jackson.

IL&S Brian N (832)610-4511

Rio Grande Valley Area

Hey all,

For the RGVANA, we have decided to cancel our Speaker Jim and we are hoping to take on our first area Serenity in the Sand next year.

We only have 1 in-person meeting, meeting 3 times a week in Mcallen, Tx. (Mon, Wed. Fri)

We have plans to have two of the McAllen meetings move online for Saturday and Sunday, more will be revealed.

Every other meeting in our area is still not meeting online or otherwise.

I have stepped down to be the alternate RCM since I have been unable to join meetings.

Voting for our new RCM will be done this month.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,

Rebecca L

Southeast Texas Area

We have 9 groups and 41 meetings per week. 7 of our 9 meetings have reopened their doors for physical meetings. The Just For Today group is holding zoom meeings due to their location not being

accessible right now. Subject to Change is not having any meetings currently. They are looking for a new location, or facing closing doors due to current location issues. We have a new group, The Lumberton Group. This is a virtual meeting only. For the most up to date SETANA meeting schedule, please visit www.setana.org.

H&I: Our H&I committee currently brings meetings into 0 facilities per month. Before COVID19 we were meeting in 4 different facilities. Our H/I Chair is staying in contact with each facility to see when we can come back. Due to clients testing positive for COVID19 we are unable to carry the message into these facilities.

Upcoming Events:

WE have no upcoming events at this time.

In loving service,

Vanessa R. SETANA RCM

Hi Family!

I am sending his report on behalf of the SETANA RCMs. As you all know, it's been a crazy quarter so far but as an Area, we have managed to pull ourselves together and continue to carry the message to the addict who still suffers. Pretty much all upcoming events have been canceled. Since the world has started opening back up again, some of our meetings have been opening back up and some are still having virtual meetings and some are doing both. Here is our hybrid meeting schedule with both physical and virtual meetings:

<https://pdfnameetings.org/tejas-bluebonnet-region-southeast-texas-area/?current-meeting-list=1>

The only other news we have to report is that we have donated more books to local H&I facilities and before Covid, we had increased our production and distribution of meeting schedules to probation offices, CPS, etc in our Area.

In Loving Service,

Vykie D., Twana S. and Vanessa R.

Texas Tri- County Area

We have 14 groups and 95 meetings weekly. (This is not including zoom).

Please visit <http://www.ttcana.net/> for more information on zoom meetings as well as any other information needed.

Trusted Servant Positions:

Chair – Deano M.

Co-Chair – Dave S.

RCM1 – Josanna L.

RCM2 – Diana K.

Treasurer – Lanelle H.

Co-Treasurer – Ryan T.

Secretary – Amy T.

H&I – Edgar F.

PR – Amanda A.

Activities – Vacant

Outreach – Rhonda

Phone Line – Lanelle H.

Our last Area Service Meeting was July 12, 2020 and it was hybrid. All of the meetings in our Area have opened back up. We currently have both zoom and face to face meetings; however, not many zoom meetings anymore. We are doing whatever it takes to fulfill our primary purpose.

Here & Now Group in Texas City has continued bonfire meetings and GIGNA in Galveston has continued their Tiki Torch meetings as well.

Other than that, I do not have anything else to report.

We are still learning as we go with this new normal.

Our next Area Service Meeting will be held August 9, 2020 at 1:30pm at the Texas City Here & Now Group.

In Loving Service,
Josanna L.

Subcommittee Reports:

Adopt An Inmate

Hello TBRNA, I pray this finds you and yours doing well, in the best of health and safe. Taking over the adopt an inmate program has been a delight so far, the transition has been pretty much seamless between Ed and I and I have been able to fill 3 orders over the past 3 months. I filled a big order at the beginning of June that covered the correspondence all the way back to March of 2020. Once I got caught up I filled 2 smaller orders over the last 2 months. This quarter AAI sent out,
35 basic texts

2 It works how and why books

2 step working guides

Grand total of **\$612.00**

I have attached all 3 invoices that I received from HASO to this report. I do have an issue that I need to bring to this body, the bookstore e-mailed me and informed me that these invoices have not been paid yet and I would like to request we get that done ASAP because they are very efficient and easy to work with. I think they understand our predicament with being in-between treasurers and they are willing to be patient with me for now but it is something that I would like to resolve today.

I just wanted to thank this body for the opportunity to serve in such a manner, this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart and I am grateful to be of service to this body and this region. If there is anything any of you need I can be reached at the below phone number and e-mail address. I remain your humble servant.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve Narcotics Anonymous...

In Loving Service,

Troy Walters (AAI) jahson361@yahoo.co 361-774-6030

Internet Technology

Hello Family, I'm working at settling in to this position and don't have a lot to report other than the pricing and recommendation for a Zoom account. My recommendation is the Pro account at 14.99 per/month/host. I believe we can hold an RSC with this and use it for other subcommittees that need to hold a virtual business meeting. This account allows up to 100 attendees, breakout rooms, recording of meeting and chat. I would like to start a monthly IT Subcommittee meeting for all Trusted Servants who maintain NA Websites, update meeting info in the BMLT or manage a Yap phonenumber service. I know this crosses over a few subcommittees but it also is all IT based programs. The first meeting will be Saturday Aug 22 at 10 am, I will send zoom login information later before meeting.

In Loving Service, California Steve

Literature Review

Hello from Literature Review!

The current spiritual principles for the Spiritual Principle a Day Meditation Book project are available for input until September 30, 2020. Also the third batch of entries is available for review and input until August 10, 2020. These can all be accessed at na.org/spad. Input can be given online or input forms can be printed.

The approval draft for the book is still scheduled to be in the 2022 Conference Agenda Report. Literature Review is still waiting for information on the approval of the new Mental Health in

Recovery IP.

If you have any questions or need more information please contact me.

In Loving Service,

Lynn S quietlymknnoise@yahoo.com 210-379-1377

TBRCNA 2021

Hello All.

This report will be short. A few of the committees are having trouble getting three bids for items needed for the convention. Nick and I tried to open the bank account and the main lobby was closed. Nick has found a location that will allow us to come in and set up the account. He and I will be taking care of this next week.

A **proposal** is going to be made by the CAC.

I'll defer to him for further information.

In Loving Service,

Susen GB

Convention Advisory Committee

All, I hope everyone is well and staying safe. The past three months have been uneventful. Although the business of the CAC goes on. We are presently waiting on a response from the Omni Southpark Austin as to where we are for the TBRCNA 21.

We have no choice as to what year the Convention will be held except for Feb 18, 19, and 20th of 2022 in Austin and that has been approved. This will suspend the rotation by one year.

The Omni has granted us a postponement from 2021 to 2022. We are still waiting to hear from corporate regarding any cost and/or fees.

Regarding Contracts, we are temporarily waiting on this decision before we finalize the Houston Omni Westside for what is now 2024.

The Convention in Beaumont is set for Feb. 17, 18 and 19 of 2023 and they have gracefully allowed us to move the Convention one year at no cost to us.

As you can see a pattern here we have moved the Convention to the middle of the month on George Washington's Birthday giving us room to put on our Regional Convention. Also those who want to stay one more day because of the holiday can.

We are presently short of our 5 member Committee because of two resignations this year and we only have 3 members plus past and present Convention Facilitators.

John C. and I roll off this Feb of 2021. If one person stays on one more year the other rolls off. This would give additional time to our new member Lucy. A new member with experience would be voted in Feb 2021 and so on and so forth.

In order to fulfill our duties and responsibilities I **propose** that either John or I serve two more years and the other serve one year thereby suspending policy. This would help fill the void until two others are voted in Feb. 2021.

In loving service

Thank you!

Michael S.

Chris: That's what I don't get – if it's a five year commitment, why would they come under four years?

Michael: Yeah. That's why I recommend four years and one year. That would cover five years.

Herb: Let Susen finish because I would like to hear her rationale.

Chris: Policy says you're elected for five years, so I don't understand the rationale of changing that

because if Lucy has already done one year, the new person is on for five years so that still keeps one year between Lucy and person B., whomever that may be- but if you're on for four years, you've got Lucy and person B rolling off at the same time.

Michael: Right. Right.

Susen: Nope. Nobody's going to be rolling off at the same time.

Chris: To change policies for a virtual person that doesn't exist yet, to me it's also more about a personality. It's a personality about this person, whomever it may be, automatically is elected above and beyond what the current policy is. On the flip side of the that, well, extending Michael's and John's term is not – I don't see it as a personality thing, I see it as a continuous flow and not breaking that up because of a large number of people being off the committee at the same time. Going with four doesn't make sense.

Susen: Right. So when the CAC was written, the way that it was supposed to work – because there's five people, that are continuously supposed to stay on. So each one is a five year commitment, so when one rolls off, a new person rolls on and then this person becomes the facilitator. What happened, I don't know where this happened in the whole mix, two people rolled off but John and Michael came in on the same year as well when it wasn't supposed to work like that, so if John and Michael roll off, that's going to leave Lucy - with one-year experience to do everything. She hasn't been taught how to do the contracts, she hasn't been taught how to do any of that stuff, so the proposal having a new person, Michael or John staying one extra year, having a new person coming in for four years that has already served on the CAC, or is familiar on how to do the contracts and all that, I sent the excel spreadsheet out and if everybody can open it up and what it will do it has one of them that will roll off in 2021, either John or Michael, than it has – whichever didn't roll off in 2021, rolls off in 2022 and that leaves the person who had the four year commitment that has already served on this committee and knows what they're doing, to continue to teach Lucy, that person will roll off in 2023; Lucy rolls off in 2024 and then the new person with the five year would roll off in 2025 and Gilbert had already joined in 2022 so he will stay until 2026 and I've already made the commitment to come in in 2023 for my five year because I have a current and a past that I need to do on this committee before I can come into this committee because it's the past, present, future.

Addict	2020	2021	2022	2023	2024	2025	2026	2027	2028	2029
John C.	4	5								
Michael S.	4	5	6							
NEW	2	3	4	5						
Lucy V.	1	1	2	3	4	5				
NEW		1	2	3	4	5				
Gilbert L. Past			1	2	3	4	5			
Susen GB Current		Past		1	2	3	4	5		
Vykie D. Future ?		Current	Past							

Four years and that's why I recommend two years.

Tom: OK.

Michael; are there any questions on my report first of all?

Tom: No, let's do this. We got Randie, George and then John.

Randie: We got lots of stuff so that would be an ideal world which I've never seen happen where people come on and then they roll off like I know they will. When I came on, we had one person for one quarter, and me and Dickie and luckily we both had some convention experience because she rolled off but we used her as an advisory because I went off and got some contracts immediately. When I got on and I would run them by her for a couple of times because I hadn't done so for this region even though I had the experience from somewhere else and so that worked out good –so one thing is like Michael and John could stay on as an advisory and you can elect more people on that would be getting experience that will also come and go in an ideal world and so you have a lot of choices and there's usually not a ton of people wanting that position either or that have that experience and so it would be nice to keep that experience in an advisory way and get more people that are willing to serve that might can start learning now. Hope that makes sense. You have a vast knowledge and experience that you're not using, I mean Michael calls me all the time, so does John and so there using that feedback to bounce off that and I think we should continue that and be available.

Michael; Steve, do you agree that John or myself should go on another year or two?

Randie: Hmmmmmm..... either you could or couldn't or you could just be advisory and be available.

Michael: Okay.

George: After a lot of what Randy just said. I think we have some experienced members- really experienced members in John and Michael and I think what we need to do in the spirit of mentorship and a spirit of continuity we need to tap into that I don't want to get so pendent, I know I'm the guy that always brings up the guidelines but I don't want to get so pendent with the guidelines in a situation like this that we cut off our nose of the spider face. We got two experience members - John Michael so that we don't need to create a new advisory position for them, just go ahead and extend - all we need do as an RSC body is both to extend their term one and two years and then move forward and getting new people trained. I agree with Chris I don't want to run for a position and be told it's not a five year position but a four year position when I know I was committing to a five year position. I think taking care of this up front with experienced members that have names, have faces, are known entities makes more sense than the new person that has no face, has no name and is an unknown entity.

Susen: That's why the suggestion for the new person that would take on the four year commitment would've been somebody that would have served on the committee before, who can still mentor the newer people because one of the issues that we're going to come across is that if we elect three new people, then all three are going to roll off the same year then we're going to have the same issue whenever we get three more new people to come on. This is just a suggestion.

John: I'm John and I'm an addict. Good morning to y'all. I want to reiterate what Randie was saying. The CAC body hasn't had a full five person committee in I don't know, what, a decade at least? So we're trying to solve that problem. I've heard great suggestions throughout this meeting. And I'm all for either one of them. The second part is Beaumont TBRCNA Convention removing that one year out so you will need to sign a new contract for 2023 and I can get that to Tom. That's all I got.

Chris: I would like to place a counter proposal or an amendment to your proposal Susen – to extend Michael and John's commitment, if they're willing, for another year to help facilitate teaching Lucy what she needs to learn and nothing else- keep it simple – just to keep it simple, that's what my suggestion is as a revision to this proposal.

Tom: before we go to Michael, Susen, you OK with that?

Susen: I'm OK with what this body want to do. Actually the way I was doing it was simplifying it to get it back on track to where it was supposed to be so that we wouldn't have this issue again in the future. That's all.

Michael: Actually what Chris said, I agree with her totally. That's all I gotta say, thanks.

Tom: Steve. Calif Steve.

Steve S.: I've sat on this committee and I can't tell you how many years I sat on that committee. I sat on that committee until I moved to New Mexico and then I resigned. As John said, it's always been hard to find people. First of all, the whole idea behind the committee was to have experienced members who were experienced in NA conventions, convention industry, hospitality, attorneys, or some kind of event experience, professionally, and we did this, this was a compromise because at that time the RSC did not want to go to a standing subcommittee for the convention. So this was like a compromise at the RSC. That's some back history on this alright? Seeing back now, and I was involved with Susen along with other people when we wrote these guidelines. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot by making this a subcommittee because we can't fill it ever. I think there would be a lot more people willing to put up their hand and say I'm willing to help; I have some abilities, some experience in these areas and I would like to help; I have willingness and be willing to fill in that committee that way and maybe not, like any other committee, when you're trying to fill it, you don't get a lot of help. The IT committee, I just have 3 or 4 people say yeah, I want to help, I want to help. I remember the first time I became Activities chair, someone said, hey, you want to be Activities chair? I said sure. He said, I'll come to all your meetings and I want to help you. I never saw that guy at any of my meetings. The whole idea behind I think is what we're trying to do is make sure the convention was out and there was experience within that committee and that can be done in many different ways- it could be just a couple of people doing it because they've done it in the past. Randie, Monica, myself, James, Susen; we all got experience, Gilbert. It's trying to keep those people involved. To me, it's a little off-topic going to a regular standing subcommittee would solve so much of this problem right now. With that, you would absorb the CAC into just a convention venue committee within that committee or something. There's a way to do it to make it work in that everybody gets involved and there's nobody like trying to fill, put fingers in the dike to make this work because there's a lot of people that would jump in and help. That's all I got. Thanks.

Susen: Maybe making it not be, a five-year commitment because that kind of scares people off.

Steve S.: I'm thinking no commitment. It's strictly a subcommittee that way it just fills itself; if you're willing to help, jump on- if you're willing to stay 10 years, then come on we'll find something for you. Lots of hind sight.

Susen: Yeah, that's a great idea.

Tom: Just so that we don't have to reinvent the chicken, the **Proposal** is to extend John and Michael's terms by one year. Do we need any more discussion on that?

Chris: Throw a fly in the ointment: Steve just made a great suggestion to dissolve the committee and if you want help and be on it, that way Michael and John and Gilbert and Susen and whomever else can stay on the committee for as long as they want to and be involved in it and Lucy could stay on and if

nobody wants to come up for this doesn't want to be on the committee in November, well, it's OK, there's experienced people there and I think that's an easy way to solve this issue of this whole rotating thing that Susen- I'm sure you've spent a lot of time thinking about it and figuring it out and it alleviates the problem of we go to make sure that one person rolls off all of the time. Look at how many vacancies we have on the committee itself : treasurer, vice treasurer, recorder, well, we have a recorder now, thank you Esteban. We don't have a service work pool person. We have a lot of unfilled positions and we still get business done. So, my suggestion is to go with Steve's proposal if Susen is OK with withdrawing hers...

Susen: I withdraw. I'll definitely withdraw. I think that's a fantastic idea.

Chris: You know, I keep it as the facilitator of it within the guidelines of what we have of X number of years clean and experience, blah, blah, blah. Like we do with other groups. Like we have an H&I chair and that's it and whoever wants to be part of it is a part of it.

Susen: I totally agree with that. I withdraw and I think that's a fantastic idea.

John: My question is to Steve. Are we talking about the full sitting committee about us hosting the conventions?

Steve S.: Just thinking out loud at the moment, coming up with some ideas and in a way to do it correctly, in my opinion right now, would be to extend you- you guys crack me about extending you guys. Nobody ever voted my extension. Anyway having you and Michael staying on for another year, during the next year let's do some kind of ad hoc committee, cause it's going to take that and put together a plan and then we can move forward. There's enough people with experience just on my Zoom little Hollywood squares thing over here, we can come up with a really good smooth plan that will not make everyone happy but the consensus we'll be happy.

John: So can you write up something by the next RSC with a more detailed proposal?

Steve S.: Not like I don't have enough stuff to do. I would prefer to have an ad hoc committee appointed to go down that road so that the responsibility is just not on me and it's is on a group of people for a point of accountability.

Susen: Maybe John, Michael and Steve can be that ad hoc committee and start hammering some stuff out.

Tom: How about the current CAC? So how about if I entrust the convention advisory committee to come up with a simpler plan for the next RSC?

Steve S.: Transition to a sitting subcommittee.

Herb: Do we still have to discuss the extensions for now though?

Tom: When you when you coming up Michael and John?

Michael: November 21. No, we don't need to.

Steve S.: John, see how that worked?

John: Yeah back to business at hand, are we all okay with moving Beaumont from 22 to 23?

Steve S.: Yeah, we gotta do it. We got no choice.

John: Okay, I'll get the contract done and send out to Tom.

Tom: I'm having a interface problem I don't have the the screen 1 to 2 little button and stuff like that, so if I don't see your hand go up, maybe scream out .

Steve S.: I'm watching, Tom. I'm a co-host.

Tom: Any other questions on Michael's report? So now we have two positions open- but do we need to fill those? Yes

Susen: Thanks for all the hard work Michael.

Michael: I've got a great committee.

Susen: I don't think so if we're going to change it to a standing subcommittee

Tom: If you're going to try to fill it to a five year position if you don't have to.

Steve S.: Put it off till the next RSC so we can have more information.

Tom: That's what I'm thinking. Right. OK, so we don't need to hear from Gilbert this time. Susen? TBRCNA whatever year that's gonna be.

Susen: Yes, my report's very short. Most things were covered in Michael's report and one of the issues that we've come across is getting three bids on different types of merchandise registration as well as the merchandise room. Another issue that we had, Nick and I is that no Bank of America would let us come into their lobby, so Nick found a bank where we can make an appointment to get into the lobby in the Austin downtown location so we're going to set up an appointment with them and to get the bank account open and we'll get that done. Also, everyone on my committee I have spoken with them individually and they all agreed to stay on for 2022 and one of the things we will be doing is changing the theme because Recovery is Fun in 2021 is no longer going to be viable. I'm the facilitator, so I don't have a vote. At our committee meeting tomorrow we will be coming up for new themes for 2022 and we are all very excited about that and we're all looking forward to moving ahead forward.

Michael: Will that be a Zoom meeting?

Susen: Yeah, Stephanie is going to be sending it all out; she'll put it on our page, Michael, at 3pm tomorrow. Any questions for me? Thank you all for letting me be of service.

Tom: So we still have Service Work Pool ad hoc open. Heidi's not here. I'm going to call her and see how that's going to work out. I think once we have that position filled, if we ever do, that will take care of itself. OK, so that's it for subcommittee reports. Did I miss any subcommittees? OK, you all have been taking your own smoke breaks?

So let's go into open discussion.

What I have for reimbursements but I'd also like to re-open elections for treasurer, being that there were some discussions off on the side, do we have any nominations for regional treasurer? Or

volunteers?

Kent: I would like to **volunteer** and throw my hat in the ring for **regional treasurer**.

Tom: Alright, tell us about you Kent.

Kent: First of all I'm just going to throw this out front – could I ask first to read out the qualifications? I think I qualify for all that except for my experience with 501(c)(3)s. I don't think I have a big problem with that and as I read off some of my qualifications you all can figure it out, if not, I'll into it further. I'm with CTANA. I got six years and eleven months clean right now. I've held every position in my home group - secretary to GSR to treasurer; pretty thing much run everything in my home group. I was in activities chair for area for two and a half years. I do my H&I commitment. I'm a facility coordinator. I'm doing that for about five years now. I've been RCM last two years, going on two years. So my background experience is I worked for the IRS for six years. After that, I resigned from the IRS and became a tax preparer bookkeeper for about ten years. I no longer do that since my last relapse. I had 20 years clean at one time, I relapsed and IRS took away my tax preparer numbers and I went to jail and they told me I couldn't do taxes anymore. So, that's not my current position. I do construction. As for going back to that 501c3 thing, I've done lots of other corporate returns in the past. I do have some Quickbook experience, I have used it once it a while and I don't see them as being very hard. I was involved in the last RSC treasury audit. I haven't held any treasury positions other than my home group; nothing big, like at area or anything like that. I'm interested in fulfilling that. I've been very committed to my service commitments, I've never stepped down from a commitment; I've never misallocated or mishandled any funds in NA- only my own. I probably gave more money to other activities. Any questions for me?

Phillip: The question I have, I'm not sure if I should be participating, I only have five months, are you aware of the differences in filing 501c3 from corporate 501c3 filing, I guess how the finances are supposed to be filed?

Kent: That's what I said to begin with; I've never done a 501c3. I have no problem pulling out a whole bunch of textbooks and figuring it out. I do have contacts still in the tax business, one of them being my ex-brother in law who lives right around the corner from me. I know he's currently doing taxes and have sent several people over to him for that type of stuff and I'm sure he would be willing to help me figure it all out. I haven't handled any other tax returns. Like I said, I own my own tax business for ten years but I've never deviled into that many corporate type things like that, mostly individual returns.

Tom: There was a question over in the chat, what's your experience with Quickbooks?

Kent: My experience with Quickbooks in the past like I said when I went away to our fine institution of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, back in 2012, that is the last time I messed with Quickbooks and after that, I was shut down because I left. I left the area. I haven't been with Quickbooks since the, but I never found any of that stuff very hard.

Tom: Well, with our last treasurer when you elected her, she said, I'll accept the nomination if I don't have to do Quickbooks.

Kent: Yeah, everything I reviewed in the last audit seemed pretty simple to continue on with what Kari is doing. It looks very transparent to all of us I believe. I don't see any problems reading what she has given us.

Tom: Correct. Any other questions for Kent. Don? You're muted.

Don: Inaudible.

Kent: I can see you're asking about financial stability. Is that correct, Don?

OK, I have no problem with that. My financial stability has been very well. I've been working for the same person who was my former sponsor, he's just my boss and friend now for the last six years. We work forty hours a week. I have a substantial savings that keeps me comfortable. I pay all my bills on time. In fact, it's kinda funky to say this, my ex-wife and my daughter live together and they're having financial problems and I've been paying about half of their bills for the last two months just because it's my daughter. My financial stability is good in my eyes. I have savings as well as checking account.

Tom: OK. We're going to bring it to a consensus. Do we have **consensus** to have Ken L. as our new **treasurer**?

Tom: Very good then. **Consensus**

Kent: Do I need to be at the meeting tomorrow at one?

Tom: You'll be there.

Congratulations Kent!

Tom: Ok we got two other things: one is reimbursement for the postponement of events. You guys want to discuss that? This is open discussion?

Kent.: With CTANA, that topic came up through our area service committee meeting and several people were concerned about the fact that areas that have their own little convention, I think that their preregistration money that they're rolling over to registration to the future year and I know this pandemic thing is something new, it seems like it doesn't rest easy with our area, people within our area. They feel like why? When I questioned the one area, which is my favorite convention, you know me, RBS is my favorite convention of all. When I questioned them, all I got back was that it was the committee's decision and when I hear that, I go, well, group conscience is group conscience but they didn't like it at area and they feel like something else is up. On my personal side, I look at it like what if I'm not here next year, what if I move out of the country, what if I don't want to go camping next year or whatever convention it may be at. I'm sitting on the committee for TBRCNA 21, 22 or whatever it's called now and we made our decision early on that if we had to cancel, that all preregistrations would be refunded. So it just feels better and like I mentioned a second ago when I was helping out my ex-wife and she couldn't pay her insurance for her cars and that preregistrations during these times of covid could really help somebody pay a bill. Those are just my thoughts about it all.

Tom: Anybody else want to comment?

Chris: I want to comment. I guess devil's advocate, is that being on that convention's committee meeting and we don't know the exact circumstances on why they did the way they did. So I would, I don't know if the people who have preregistered have gone to that convention committee and ask them specifically because it's not really an area to area convention because the area doesn't participate in conventions – individuals do. I know that stuff happens right now and a very different time that we live in that in some way may become normal. We don't know everything that was discussed in that meeting and we don't know how much they've already have to put out of pocket while they were doing

preregistrations like for conventions and preregistrations go for filling the room block that the convention has already made a commitment to so we don't know what the deal is and I think that the best thing to do is for each individual to go to that convention committee person and say, hey, what's the scoop or ask for the minutes or something. I think that same explanation goes to Frolic in the Forrest or the other convention we had talked about that was something in a very similar situation. We weren't in that area meeting or committee meeting, so we don't know what the basis of those decisions were. We're just going by the fact that we can't get a refund. That's my five dollars worth.

Michael: Isn't somebody here from Esperanza? Both of those situations, well, just the one, I'm sorry. RBS and then Esperanza, right?

Herb: I don't have, like I told Ken, I'm going to go back and talk to those individual committee people and I'll find out. I do know about the convention and I have faith that things are going to work out. We're kind of like in a sliced pickle where the hotel is asking for a fee for even canceling this year's convention and I think they've even given us a timeline from either four thousand dollars to waive for us or wait until convention comes up and if the covid pandemic is over, then we're going have to go along with the convention.

Michael: Herb, could you please repeat that. There's so much noise.

Herb: Yeah, somebody's not muted. All I know is for the convention, EACNA, we're in a position that we may have to pay a fee to get out of this year's convention because the hotel is playing hardball, in essence. I'm not saying that's a good reason. For me, when I donate to a convention or an event and I don't go, I consider that a donation. And if I don't go, then that money can go to a newcomer. That's just the way I do it. I'll find out more information. The other thing is I like Chris' suggestion to get in contact as an individual with these facilitators or chairs and ask for your money directly. I can't imagine them saying no. I mean, I don't know but if you really wanted your money back, you say, hey man, I want my money back. Maybe that's an individual thing, but I wasn't at those meetings. I'm going to find out and I'm going to report back. I'm not sure. I don't have the information.

Michael: I got a quick question for you Herb. What was that about the four thousand and eight thousand? What was that all about?

Herb: We got a proposal from the hotel – I don't have the exact numbers, but if we decided to pay by a certain day, we pay four thousand dollars and we're out of the contract until the next year. If we don't pay by a certain time, then we have to pay eight thousand dollars or we can wait because there's something in the contract that says an Act of God, but the convention is in January 2021 so they're saying we have to wait and it's just like saying do we pay now or do we take a risk and then nobody shows up to the convention and then we owe thirty thousand dollars, you know what I saying? It's also an economic money thing. It can affect the Esperanza Area and if it affects the Esperanza Area, it can affect NA as a whole. See what I'm saying? So I don't know, I wasn't there, so I'm sure that had to do, the financial piece. I'm not sure what's going there, the other option is to get a lawyer, but we haven't discussed that at area. So it's a lot of moving pieces with deadlines so it could cost a lot of money in the end or we can just have faith and say everything's going to be OK but then January comes around and only five people got rooms and only twenty people. It's just unprecedented times and maybe some of the decisions were to listen. We might, because of this pandemic, we might end up owing some money because we have a contract and the hotel is interpreting a certain way and they want to get paid because they're not making any money. So it's kind of a scary situation.

Michael: Yeah it is. Thank you.

Herb: But like I said, I'll find out and see what the rationale was.

Allen: I have some comments about the conventions that are going on in different areas. . When Houston Area got caught up with that hurricane hitting one of our conventions, Fourth of July weekend and we lost money and didn't make our room block and all that other stuff. The clause in a lot of the convention hotels, the further you are out on that clause, the better off your area will be, so right now, what are we six months out from EACNA, this would be the time to enact that clause to maybe cancel or postpone the convention, so it would cost you less to do it now than to do it later. For as the RBS and Frolic in the Woods getting their money back, part of the issues that I'm hearing is that they just came back to the area and said the decision was made within the committee and didn't explain or expound on why the decision was made not to do that and that information not getting out to the area so it's not getting out to the individuals. So the individuals feel like maybe something's going on where they can't get their money back and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a few people, not enough to impact the amount of money that's going to be refunded. I think, me personally, it would look better if there was something that was expounded upon explaining why they're not refunding the money back. I think it would sit better in people's mouth and with what happened to the region and with the money absconded with. Following that, it had a bad taste in people's mouth and just look bad. The optics just look bad on money not turned in and it's only fifteen bucks a person, whatever it may be. I just think it looks bad when something is just said that it's a subcommittee decision, when that subcommittee is part of that area and area doesn't know why that decision was made.

Don: It's transparency, that's all it is. That's all we want. I think that's what everybody wants.

Troy: Something's wrong with Don's mike, so I'm going to answer for RBS. He's part of that committee, he's part of the oversight for re-doing the policy and everything for RBS. Speaking for CABANA, RBS- they came to the area meeting and the voted to roll it over to next year and Don, you can hop up and down if I'm wrong here, but the way I remember it is the reason they decided to roll it over was because of the logistics of trying to pay back the people for the preregistrations and all that other stuff, it's just so difficult. There was no lack of transparency whatsoever; they came to area and told us that's why they were doing it because they weren't sure how that would all play out. Yes, some things have been paid for. Like RBS and I'm sure Frolic, we're not beholden to any type of hotel. Thank God and so what happens is we paid for Skittle cans and a tent and some other stuff that's over the top expenses that start the meeting off. The tents aren't even paid for and that's one of the biggest thing we pay for. So those guys called and said no refund so they'll roll it over for next year. So that's where the preregistration money basically went and then the funds that our area gives to RBS, it just goes into next year as well. I can't speak for Lydia, and there's Don on the chat saying that the majority said just forward it. I can't speak for Lydia, Ken, but if there's somebody that really needs the fifteen dollars back, and it's becoming too much of an issue, take it back to your area and tell them and I'll make sure that I get with her and we can get them people. If there's people that specifically need it and they want it and it's just an issue for them and no matter what, I'm not going to make it next year, I want my money back, then as an area we'll cover that. We're not trying to- there's transparency there and nothing being done behind the scenes, and so speaking for CABANA, we will definitely refund whoever really wants it. All you all, take that back to your areas and if they want their refund, as an area we'll get together and figure out how we can do that. So I believe that I covered everything.

Kent: Thanks Troy. All of us here being trusted servants, I trust you Troy and I've known you for a good while. That makes a better explanation to my area. Hey, the preregistration went to the tent, the tent people said we can't refund you the money but we can roll it for the next year. That makes it a lot easier for me.

Troy: One thing that I didn't mention was that a frickin' hurricane hit! One thing good that came out of covid19 is that we weren't stuck on that beach when that hurricane hit because we would've lost everything and you all would have to run home.

Don's on the chat right now and he said that when they voted that, they weren't aware that they were going to forward the tent till next year either. They thought they were going to take that hit as well.

Randie: I'm the facilities person for Multi-Zonal Forum Symposium that's in San Antonio and we knew, we could see what was coming so we talked to the hotel. We had a committee meeting with the hotel sales manager and we really presented how we had been a long time Omni customer, not just there but in other cities and that we wanted to have a successful convention or symposium for us and for them. At that time, our fee to change was twenty five thousand dollars because the Force Majeur doesn't apply because they're going by what the country is doing and we explain that we had many people from out of town and they wouldn't be able to attend. We just wanted to have a successful convention. He was trying to get us to do it for the end of the year and I basically said we'd like to do it next year on a closed date. And he was fine because they do have a lot of people with lawyers trying to get out of stuff. We came with a good presentation and they went for it so we changed the date with no penalty. We couldn't do that again though. If it comes around and we're still in this position, we may have to pay. And as for refunds, we offered a refund to anybody whether it was PayPal, cash, check, charge or whatever. That's all I have. Thanks. It's different. Each one is different- how you're going to have handle it.

Tom: Anybody else? OK, the next one we have on discussion is virtual RSC. It's kind of do we, I guess like George's question of do we really need to meet in person to do this?

Herb: I think we should meet virtually now until we make a virtual meeting till the next quarter and then deal with it again because it doesn't make sense. We're spending seventy-five dollars to have a facility where we probably could just have had the meeting here because of everything that's been going on. I think it's just easier to have a virtual meeting, technically anyway and it makes financial sense at this point and maybe we can revisit that and hopefully things will be getting better and maybe we can get back to some normalcy. Right now, the way this thing has been growing out, I think we should just be doing virtual meetings. If you guys want to keep on discussing, I think we just need a proposal.

Steve P: I also support the virtual home link for the next RSC for the foreseeable future. I don't know when the self-quarantine shelter-in-place quarters are going to falls off the books. Actually, I think it makes sense for this region to go to a virtual meeting only forevermore because of all the money that it saves the region and the areas. The RCMs that are here- I suppose that the one that traveled farthest was from Beaumont and will probably be reimbursed by their area, everybody else pretty much local and not charging gas, right? Why are we paying for gas and hotel when all we gotta do is turn on the computer? And if I tag along with that to add into that to start the fire, I wanted to include a reference to Calif Steve's suggestion that region get a Zoom Pro account and I don't care if we get it monthly and cancel it or it we have it year round and we pay \$14.99 a month and then let subcommittees use it other times but if we got a Zoom account \$15.86 a month expense for the region, it's a whole lot cheaper than anything else we've ever done before.

Michael: It's in my thought that one of the main reasons why we have our RSCs in different communities is to bring some kind of unity to that area. I was almost willing to drive myself but something had come up. It's something about being at the RSC with some locals meeting and eating meals together. They may not have any meals today, but you still have the local fellowship coming

together for this big meeting.

Steve S: I kind of understand what Michael said that the camaraderie and fellowship that happens during that face to face meeting is important but at this point in time, we're not able to do it and some of us are (aren't) willing to do it. I think the solution at this point is kind of like what Herb said that we go quarter to quarter or maybe just go two quarters out so we have some advanced planning and we don't shoot from the hip and we'll know the November and February RSCs will be virtual and then in November we will visit April (May) and stuff like that. Building the fellowship- I don't see that happening- we used to build big events the night of the RSC. We always get everyone together, have a dance and a speaker and all that and it's kind of non-existence. People just don't come out for it anymore. I don't know why but I just haven't seen it happen. We have a hard time having 700 people at a regional convention when we probably have 10,000 members in the fellowship in our region. For me, I'll entertain a proposal to get a Zoom account, do the next two RSCs and then revisit every quarter or whether or not we want to continue, I would be willing to support that.

Allen: Our area has already gone into purchasing an account and letting these subcommittees use this account for whenever they need to. As far as for the upcoming RSC, one or two ahead is fine with me however we decide to do it. Part of the thing about doing these Zoom meetings is we eliminate- for my area- we eliminated side conversations that go on and extend the meetings longer than they need to be a lot of the times. We can see that, what, this is our second RSC in Zoom, that the meetings go on a lot quicker, we get the same amount of business done and kind of eliminated those side conversations that kind of distract from these meetings.

John: Tom, does your employer have a travel restriction? Did I read that right?

Tom: Yeah, what it is that they're really scared, the owners are very old, so if I leave town, I cannot go in the office for 14 days and so essentially I would not work for almost 14 days.

John: So, with that being said, I'm all for virtual meetings, so you're not the only one in that position.

Herb: **Proposal:** That we meet the next 2 quarters via Zoom and then we'll revisit it after that.
Consensus.

Tom: Do we have anything else for open discussion? I had the CAC, but that was to fill positions but it took care of itself.

Allen: Are we going to have or purchase our own Zoom accounts?

Tom: That comes up in Old Business. We're on open discussion and pending proposals- which is it for right now.

Proposal: Region to purchase it's own virtual meeting software. Last time we had entrusted Steve to look into it and in his report, he told us it would be fifteen bucks a month.

Any discussion on this? Do we have consensus to purchase the Pro version of Zoom? **Consensus.**

Ok, now we're in new discussion.

The only thing I wrote on there was maybe we should pay Steve P. for the usage of his Zoom account? I kind of ran it by him. He never said anything. I personally think we should make the offer.

Chelsea: Would there be an issue, Tom, if the Zoom meeting was scheduled through that account at the same time our region needed to use it?

Tom: You mean on the non-Calif Steve account?

Chelsea: Yes. Do you think that non-Calif Steve was planning to have any meetings that would overlap with our region?

Tom: Well, we are going to get our own account now. My comment was to pay him for the usage today. Did I answer your question Chelsea?

Chelsea: Yes, that answered my question. Thank you.

Steve P. I host at least one Zoom meeting every day and I have since the beginning of March. If I tried to divide out the use, I have in the past submitted a receipt for reimbursement from region for using the Zoom account on region behalf and I'm not doing that anymore. That \$14.99 plus tax and you know what, I'm not throwing any dollar bills in the basket anymore. That's my contribution to the entire fellowship. To kind of address Chelsea's thing, yes, this morning is my home group and I was the host of that meeting but I wasn't able to have it because we're using my account for the region and right now the World Service Conference has reconvened and I can't go there because we're using my account for region. I can't even sign in on a different device. It won't allow me to access it unless I kill this meeting and I'm not going to do that. So, please purchase a region Zoom account.

Tom: Do we have any other new discussion?

Esteban: Policy guidelines on page 26, is the Audit Guidelines a work in progress?

Tom: Yes.

Chris: Yes. It has it in very big letters Draft after it. It has not been edited yet.

Tom: Why? Did you notice a different service body?

Esteban: No. I was just looking at it on my notes and it doesn't have it.

Chris: It's actually page 25 that I sent out earlier.

Esteban: Oh, OK. I'm not looking at that one.

Chris: It says this section must be edited in very large print.

Esteban: Thank you very much..

Herb: Esteban, are you on the mailing list?

Esteban: Yes.

Chris: Don has a request to go over the open positions again just so that he can take them back to his area and I would do the same.

Tom: Open- Service Work Pool Facilitator, Co-treasurer and Public Relations Facilitator.
OK.

Now, under New Discussion.

Question: Are we going to vote for the Beaumont 2023 Co-facilitator and treasurer next quarter or we going to wait until 2022?

Tom: How long do you guys want to work on this convention? You can make a really, really good one if you have 2 years to work on it, right?

Chris: There's no money until this one happens.

Tom: A proposal, well really, it was only a question. By our policy, we elect the treasurer and co-facilitator in November for the next convention cycle. That's a longer cycle. You guys still want to elect them in November?

Steve S.: Yes. The cycle got postponed.

Chris: Yes. The cycle doesn't change.

Michael: Vykie, if you have somebody in mind that's a great idea.

Esteban: Tom, does the regional recorder, are you in possession of a voice recorder for the Recorder?

Tom: Yes. I have an old one that was passed down from Steve P. to Kari, but I don't think it works anymore but I can give you mine. The one that didn't get kicked in the trash can.

Herb: But this meeting has been recorded? How does Esteban get that?

Tom: We have it worked out. We'll give it to him.

Allen: I have a question as for the hotel for 2022 now. Has the hotel been picked already? Can we have the CAC review that contract and maybe make sure if we need to make any changes to it in case of situations like this moving forward?

Michael: Can we make changes to a contract? I don't think so.

Allen: Act of God changes or a pandemic.

Michael: There's a Force Majeure in there for an Act of God.

Allen: Yeah, but some hotels don't consider this right now an Act of God. It's a man made pandemic

Michael: OK. This is the Omni and the Omni goes by this clause.

Esteban: There's also a clause on there that states disasters, government restrictions.

Steve S.: Civil unrest.

Michael: That's the Omni and Austin will have the South Park Omni.

Herb: They're playing hardball. They want some money.

Allen: That's what I was trying to get at so that moving forward we can try to protect ourselves a little bit more.

Steve S.: The way to protect ourselves is this is what I do for a living is events. Force Majeure takes effect when you're within that amount of time that you can't do that convention. So if you plan for virtually and let everyone know, here's what going to happen. We're going to have a convention. It's either going to be virtually and we want you guys to help us or we're not going to do it. Then at that point in time, a month out, two weeks out, then Force Majeure takes over that kills that contract and do it virtually or everyone's already made that commitment and we go. We just make sure everyone understands. I sit on a lot of big conventions and events. Austin Rodeo got canceled the day before we opened. Houston Rodeo, it was during the Rodeo we got canceled but it we had canceled six month out, we lose all that money and we pay. It's a roll of the dice but you gotta do it that way. You just gotta plan that we're going to make this convention work one way or the other. So you change your budget. You change how you do things. Your contract for room nights, you pull back a whole bunch. Say we'll take 300 room nights, we take 100 that way you only gotta have 80 filled. There's ways to do it.

Tom: We good? Anything else?

Ok, so what I have at the start of this RSC, we had \$5,054.27.

We have an invoice from Houston Area Service Office for \$612.

That brings us down to \$4,442.27.

Texas Tri-county venue is \$75

Brings us down to \$4,367.27 (This was recorded at \$4,376.27)

A donation to SZF \$100

This brings us to \$4,267.27

Take 20% of \$4,267.27 is \$853.45

Leaves us a balance of \$3,413.82

What do we want to do?

I know in November our insurance will come up, so keep that in mind. So what I'm asking is do we want to donate more to SZF or more to NAWS?

Michael: **Proposal:**

Lynn: How much is the insurance payment?

Tom: In December 1, 2019, we paid \$5,185

Various: How much do we have now? Amount given. Don't think we can increase or make a donation. We can't afford to make a donation right now. Nothing is going to come in.

Kent: This is just a question depending on our income so we can go forward here. I believe in the past we had an option to pay part of the insurance at we agreed to pay it all at one time. Is that still on the table if we have to go that route?

Tom: It's always been that way but I can verify. I can drop her an email? I think we can go quarterly but we just pay a little more.

Vykie: How many groups in the areas are actually utilizing the insurance?

Tom: They are covered if they're in the BMLT. All of them and I don't know if anyone has ever made a claim if that's what you're asking.

Vykie: I thought we had to request to be on the insurance.

Tom: To get your certificate of insurance? It's for if the venue asks for it.

Allen: Would this be for the conventions?

Tom: That's something I should clarify.

Herb: In other words, this is another important piece that we need, right?

Tom: We went through this for a long time. The liability if someone gets hurt?

Herb: I think we should hold off till next quarter to think about making a donation. Do you need a proposal?

Tom: No. We would need a proposal if we made an additional donation. So currently we're going to donate \$853.45. We cool?

Announcements:

Autumn 2020 Regional Service Conference is November 14, 2020 will be virtual. Wait for information on that.

Herb: So the convention is going to be virtual?

Tom: No. The next RSC.

Michael TTCANA: Are elections in the next RSC for the next service body?

Tom: For the servants? No, that's next year.

Chris: All elections for next year.

Tom: Not this November though. But verify for me.

Chris: The Facilitator, Co-facilitator, Treasurer, Recorder, Policy are in odd numbered years.

Tom: Closed with the Third Step Prayer.
A moment of silence.

Adjourned @

