



TBRNA Regional Service Committee Meeting

May 16, 2009

Location 415 S. 11th, Beaumont, TX

The next RSC will be at TTCANA on August 8,2009

Meeting opened at 9:26 AM with Serenity Prayer

Service Prayer: Jerry M.

12 Traditions: Brian

12 Concepts: Rich

Facilitator: X Tom K.	H&I: X Late Susen
Co-Facilitator: X Bob T.	BVANA: absent
Treasurer: X Steve S.	CBANA: X Debbie, Sean
Co-treasurer: open	CTANA: X Allen, Bryan B
RD: X Jerry M.	EANA: X Jose, Burt
RDA: X Dawn E.	HCANA: X Carlos, Halbert
Recorder: excused (maternity leave) => Margaret H-M substituting	HASCONA: X Bob, Bart
Policy Facilitator: X Jerry	NASCONA: X late: Ben, Marty
Archives: X late, Mary	SETANA: X Albert
PI: absent	TTCANA: X Heimy H., George
Convention Chair 2009: excused	RGVANA: X Rey
Convention Chair 2010: X Lorraine	
Web Dude: X Tom K.	Ad Hoc:

Corrections to Previous Minutes: None

Administrative Reports

RD Report:

Over a month ago I sent e-mail out to the Regional Committee members about the Literature review input asked for by NAWS on "In Times of Illness", "Self Support project" and the "Living Clean Project". I received no response from anyone in the region for clarification or any other kind of information. So I assume everyone found the information on NAWS website with no trouble and got your input in already. If not, you have until the end of May to send it in. Just in case you didn't get the information it's at www.na.org. Click on the green box, "What's New". Look under "World Service Conference" (it's in the left column), then go to the "projects" link. There is another link, and it tells you the instructions. You may have to use "WSC 2010" as both user name and password.

I have been informed by NAWS of the importance of starting a dialogue now concerning the possibility of nominees for World Board, HRP or WSC CoFacilitator. We will only have the August RSC to discuss any nominees we might want to send in. The reason

this is so important is that nominations are due to the HRP before the end of October. There is a new form the HRP is requesting we fill out and send in with each nominee. I'm attaching a copy of that form to my report. Regional nominees bypass the blind screening process, and go directly into the HRP interview process. If you know of a person who would be a good candidate, please see if they are interested, then bring the completed form with you to the August RSC, so we can discuss whether we want to nominate that person.

If you have not updated your World Pool Information Form in the past 3 years, you probably received an email from NAWS. They decided to do this by email to save postage. If you have 5 years clean, please put in a WPIF. This can be done online.

I received a request from NAWS to update our Area's information, including address, contact person and web page. I have finished that update, and have sent it to NAWS. Each RCM can update your Area's information online, and it is suggested you do so every time there are changes in your trusted servants.

I have received no requests for workshops regarding the Issue Discussion Topics this quarter. I hope that means that everyone here today is going to be here tomorrow for the Issue Discussion Workshop. This was, after all, your decision to try this experiment.

I was very graciously thanked by NAWS for the input they have received so far from us on the previous IDT workshops. I would like to keep up the good work. After some discussion on this issue Dawn and I have decided to cover the IDT "Our Freedom, Our Responsibility" and "Building Strong Home Groups" at tomorrow's workshop. The reasoning behind this is something she brought back from the World Wide Workshop she attended in California.

I have not had any expenses since the last RSC. For this RSC I'm asking to be reimbursed for:

Travel:	\$23.08
Copies:	\$10.18
Total:	\$33.26

In Loving Service, Jerry M

RDA Report:

Hello everybody, it's great to be here with ya'll today.

Let's start with the World Wide Workshop I was able to attend Feb 27th thru March 1st. It was a fun packed busy weekend getting started the night I arrived. There were many topics offered to participate in including this conference cycle topics, the Living Clean Project and Medication and Recovery. The weekend started off with Building Stronger Home Groups. The presenters wanted to remind us that this workshop continues to benefit the fellowship as a whole and just because most of us involved in service have had the opportunity to participate in this workshop, every time we have newcomers start attending our Home Groups that this is a good way of getting them to feel a part of and learn the importance of each member. This is one reason that we choose to add it to the line up for Sunday as a refresher.

There are ways online at www.na.org to get involved and give your input over the various projects that are being developed by the fellowship. When you go to the web site go to World Service Conference then pick the topic you want to review first. Living Clean Project lets you participate by answering 5 questions. Other options include In Times of Illness and Self Support. I believe that timelines are drawing to an end soon, so if you are interested, act soon.

Furthermore, over 2500 people are registered for WCNA33 and dates to purchase pre-registration merchandise has been changed from May1st to June 15th. This year registration for the convention pays for all events. Also anyone registered will have to pick up their own registration as this has changed from past conventions. Pre-registration ends July1st.

Today, I am turning in receipts for hotel, food and taxi while in Oakland for \$378.70. Also gas receipts for travel to this RSC.

I will start planning soon for travel to the July SZF that will be held in Bentonville, Arkansas. No flights go to Bentonville, so I'm planning to fly into Tulsa, rent a car, drive 1½ hours, plus a motel room. That would cost \$421.00. I might go to Dallas and ride with people from Lone Star.

Jerry and I are willing to participate in Learning Days at request of Areas...please let us know how we can best serve you.

Thank you again for allowing me to serve, Dawn E. RDA

Co-Facilitator Report:

This has been an eventful quarter for me. I attended the Ad hoc convention policy committee meeting online, which was really neat and I missed one of the meetings due to some confusion on my part. I attended the Texas State Convention Advisory Board meeting on April 25th in Fort Worth, Texas. As usual I emailed everyone and asked if there was anything that anyone wanted me to take to the Advisory Board meeting and no one had anything. The next meeting will be in Universal City on June 27th at 810 Kitty Hawk. The time will be from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

The TSC Advisory Board meeting began at 12:30 PM. They are in the process of moving their PO Box as the mail is still going to Austin. The PO Box will be moved to what ever town that the new chair lives in. This will not be done until a new chair is elected at the next meeting in Universal City. TSC received a bankcard in the mail and there was a lot of discussion on what to do with it. The decision was to cut the bankcard up.

The decision was made by the body to turn their website over to a professional. The vice chair handled this project as they were having problems keeping their website up to date. Three bids were taken and a decision was made at this meeting. So their website will be kept up to date and have some changes made that will help their Conventions.

The secretary has asked all of the Advisory Board members to email her their reports. This will make her job a lot easier. As soon as I get the minutes from this meeting I will email everyone a copy. All of us should be doing the same in our region.

The policy Chair had just moved and wasn't prepared as he brought the old policy instead of the current policy. The treasurer was a no show as she said she was at the emergency room. We hope that she is OK. The Convention Chair for El Paso reported that they had half of their room block filled and had some problems with the hotel in the evening hours taking reservations as the answering service was answering the phone and had no information about the Convention and was giving the wrong information. This problem has been solved. So if you know of anyone who had problems they can call the hotel and get the correct information now. They need the support to fill their room blocks. Coffee will only be served in the Hospitality Room. They have limited their merchandize to t-shirts and coffee mugs as the registration is at 106 at the present time. The Chair stated that El Paso is safe, but Juarez isn't. The Convention hotel is across the street from the Air Port. They need auction items for the convention. These can be mailed to the convention PO Box listed on their website.

It was decided that each Convention Committee will be responsible to open their own bank account when they receive the convention seed money. They will be given the money to open a PO Box before the close of the current convention in order to have a box to send registrations to for the next convention. The 2010 Convention Chair from Austin was present and gave her report. At the previous Advisory Board meeting the Convention Chair and Secretary were selected for the 2010 TSC in Austin. The Vice Chair and Treasurer will be selected at the June 6th Central Texas ASC in Austin.

At the next TSC AB meeting a new AB Chair and AB Member at Large will be selected. The TSC AB appreciates TBR sending a representative to the AB meetings. 51.00 travel to TSC AB, 28.00 motel, 23.67, 6.00 copies, 57.67 total for RSC, 118.67 grand total.

Policy Change Proposal

Change page 4:

TBRSC AGENDA will be set, typed, and mailed 30 days prior to each RSC, along with meeting location and information, in order to expedite short meetings.

To:

TBRSC AGENDA will be set, published and distributed before each RSC, along with meeting location and information. Ample time should be allowed for all participates to review.

Intent:

30 days is unrealistic as many issues can develop in that time and the recipient are going to forget them anyway. Keeps the agenda fresh in the mind for the meeting. No one mails them anymore.

ILS, Bob T.

Treasurer Report T.B.R.N.A. TREASURER'S REPORT MAY 16, 2009

Good morning. I am glad to report our Bank Statement and Register balance. Our beginning bank balance for

Feb. 2009 = \$5,273.89/ending = \$3,988.89,
Mar. 2009 = \$3,988.89/ending = \$16,050.65,
Apr. 2009 = \$16,050.65/ending = \$16,810.15.

Now, after half of the **\$10,801.79 donated from TBCNA 09** (or \$5,400.90), is donated to NAWS (by our policy) that will leave \$11,409.25 (minus our **prudent reserves** total of **\$2,500.00**) gives us \$8,909.25. After our meeting expenses today, we will donate 20% of the balance to NAWS. So, by my best guess (if \$500.00 covers today's expenses) we should still have approximately \$8,509.25 (minus 20%) leaves \$7,207.40.

The bank statements and reconciliation details are available to anyone who wishes to see them.

We received a \$1000.00 donation from the Plains Area Service Committee (PASC of the O.K. Region) of N.A. They stated: "We, at the Plains Area service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous in the OK Region, would like to make a donation to your service body to help with the damages you accrued from the devastating hurricane. We believe very strongly in reaching out to the addicts who are suffering and coming from an area where devastation can occur instantly with tornados; we understand. Please accept our offering to help replenish whatever needs you may have. Together, **WE CAN!**"

We received a Certified Letter from NAWS (\$5.33 postage) regarding **NA Human Resource Panel. The deadline for receipt of potential candidates from RSCs, Zonal Forums, and the World Board is 31 October 2009.** The letter being certified is big in that they may not be getting much response from the fellowship as a whole? (*Margaret responds no, HRP wants to be certain everyone got it.*)The letter is with me and available to you.

The Office of the Secretary of State (Hope Andrade / secretary of state) on February 11, 2009 sent documentation of: Change of Registered Agent/Office (The Tejas Bluebonnet Region of Narcotics Anonymous), the receipt of the \$5.00 payment, and the **Official Certificate of Filing.** We can request a file-marked copy of our document.

The Regional Mailbox is in south Austin, which is 120 miles from my house. I have spent \$40.00 in gas since the last RSC traveling twice to the P.O. Box for the mail. Now, Susan G. travels regularly to Austin and San Antonio and will have keys to the TBRNA mailbox to facilitate the transfer of the Regional mail to me. This was discussed with our regional facilitator who stated "sounds like a good idea to me". We can temporarily forward the regional mail to me and cancel anytime, I believe, if you will allow me to. Please give me some direction on this matter, as it will save the region money and save me and Susan time.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT, AND THANKS TO KIM S. FOR HER CONTINUED ASSISTANCE WITH THE REGIONAL TREASURY.

Unconditional Love,
"Satchel" Steve S.
satchelsteves@sbcglobal.net
210 658 0123

**Discussion of what to do with \$1000.00 donated for hurricane help needed.
Consensus is to send this money back, with thanks.

****Discussion re: Forwarding the mail. Susen can pick up the mail and forward Treasurer's mail to Treasurer.**

Web-Dude:

You might have noticed a new look to the website on our new domain, **www.TBRNA.org**. I have to thank my TBR beta testers that helped me a bunch as I was putting this together. I received lots of great input from Ben, Albert, Dawn and Allen. If you haven't visited yet, do so. Click around as there are some nice little additions with more to come.

The convention has its own domain now, **www.TBRCNA.org**.

I have sent out meeting list database dumps for each of the areas to update and also have provided printouts. These are a little different this time and I will tell you why. We are transferring our meetings over to another database/meeting search application called Basic Meeting List Toolbox. This is the creation of Chris M. from the Suffolk Area on Long Island. I gave him a little input, but can nowhere be even closely, considered an author of this incredible project. Some of you have seen the basic workings of this system on the demonstration link that is currently up on the site.

The advantages of this application relative to our existing system are too numerous to name. A few of the major points:

- Simple search function that searches all fields.
- Advanced search by weekday, format and service body.
- Results page offer maps, formats, duration, GPS coordinates, etc.
- You can "Search by Map"; A Google Map that shows markers for every meeting location
- Clicking on these meeting markers displays, once again, lots of information

I am passing around a front end user guide that exemplifies the features of the application. After its gone around you are welcome to steal it.

This application relies on two major data types that we currently do not use (very well.) In order for the "Search by Map" to return your home group, the global positioning coordinates need to be in the database. Chris wrote a translation script that converted most of our meeting addresses into longitude/latitude pairs, but 41 of 616 meetings did not return coordinates. This is caused by non-existent addresses, incorrect terms or the use of descriptions, like intersections instead of addresses. For example, if an address is given as "123 45", instead of "123 Texas Highway 45" or a description like "Across from the drug store". It is pretty easy to find these coordinates by using Google Map or a GPS and I have attached short instructions on how to do this. Essentially find the location on Google and email me the link.

The second issue is the inconsistency of format codes. The letter codes mean different things in different Areas. I have attached a standardized legend. Let me know if you have a format that is not on the list and I will get it added. Please update your meetings with these codes.

The administration section of this system is incredibly robust and easy to use. If you have tried updating meetings on the NAWS maintenance portal you will be amazed at the simplicity of this program. The vision to have every Area update their own listings on the regional server. Someday, we will have one database for all meetings that will be maintained in one location. Say “goodbye” to list discrepancies.

Plugins are already built that allow any area to display this application on their site by querying the regional database server. The demonstration I have on the website is linking to a server that Chris has somewhere east of the Sabine. We soon will have our own server that will service our region only. From that point, we can expand out to include our neighboring regions and possibly the Southern Zonal Forum. The vision is to have the whole world using a common database schema with the ability to tap into one global meeting data system. Kind of like the Internet.

Everyone has a new email address, <username>@tbrna.org except the Convention Facilitator. Hers is facilitator@tbrna.org. I have printed out some user guides and username lists for those that did not receive them via email.

We have been testing out forum applications for the upcoming Tejas Bluebonnet Regional Community Forum and think we have found a very nice solution in phpBB. So stay tuned for that addition to the web site. Allen is real interested in becoming the administrator of the forum. **Consensus was “yes.”**

Can I have a subcommittee? It will be cheap because we could have net meetings like the Convention Advisory Ad Hoc does.

Consensus is “Yes”. It was suggested that Area web servants be part of the subcommittee. There needs to be a policy change, and the committee needs guidelines. There would not be much of a budget, only travel to RSC and Web hosting. Both of these budget items are already covered in policy.

ILS, Tom

Co-Treasurer: open

Policy:

#1 Proposal: Change the following text on Page 14 under

Regional Assembly: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM:

From:

Agenda:

All GSRs and RCMs must attend Regional Assembly so CAR votes can be collected. Sharing session on topics needing to be taken to WSC will be held.

Elections of Regional Delegate and Alternate Regional Delegate will be held in even numbered years. All RCMs and GSRs are allowed to vote.

To:

Agenda:

Sharing session on topics needing to be taken to WSC will be held.

Elections of Regional Delegate and Alternate Regional. All RCMs and GSRs are allowed to vote.

Intent:

The votes were not taken at the 2008 Regional Assembly. They were collected and compiled closer to the WSC. This is somewhat of a housekeeping proposal because the policy isn't being followed anyway.

The Assembly is only on even numbered years hence it is understood that the Delegates are elected on even years. Housekeeping.

Tom notes: (for what it is worth)

A CAR workshop and sharing session is certainly needed but in the electronic age group tallies can be harvested much more economically and closer to the WSC. Maybe our methods of completing this could be a decision that the RSC makes in the previous November as the way we do things change rapidly.

#2 Proposal: Change the following text on Page 13 under **February RSC, 2nd Saturday, one day only.**

From:

Agenda:

9:00 AM - 1:00 PM:

Issue Discussion on topics selected by the Fellowship at WSC in years with no WSC (odd numbered years). Hosted by RD & RDA. GSRs are not required to attend, but it would be helpful.

RCMs must attend so they can receive information to use to host CAR workshops in their local area and to gain experience in conducting issue discussions.

2:00 PM - 6:00 PM:

To:

Agenda:

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Intent: The methods we are currently developing to pass on knowledge and experience from workshops at the Southern Zonal Forum does not include a workshop at the February RSC.

This is somewhat of a housekeeping proposal because the policy isn't being followed anyway. There was no workshop held at RSC in February of 2005, 2007 or 2009.

#3 Proposal: Change the following text on page 8 and page 14

From: (page 8)

RD and RD Alternate will be elected every two years (even numbered years). Elections will be at a **Regional** Assembly one month prior to the World Service Conference. This vote will be a consensus of all GSRs and RCMs present at the Regional Assembly. The newly elected RD and RDA will assume their duties at the RSC immediately after that WSC. The RD Alternate will be the RSC's one representative to the Southern Zonal Forum.

To:

RD and RD Alternate will be elected every two years (even numbered years). Elections will be at a **Regional** Assembly one month prior to the World Service Conference. This vote will be a consensus of all GSRs and RCMs present at the Regional Assembly. The newly elected RD and RDA will assume their duties at the August RSC after that WSC. The RD Alternate will be the RSC's one representative to the Southern Zonal Forum.

From: (page 14 - August Agenda)

Regional Delegate and Regional Delegate Alternate reports.(In even number years, the RD and RDA will give comprehensive yearly WSC reports to the RSC. RD and RDA will be stepping down from their posts in August instead of May, ending their service cycles.)

To:

Regional Delegate and Regional Delegate Alternate reports.
In even number years, the RD will give a comprehensive WSC report.

Intent:

Clarity and to coincide with the consensus of May 2008.

#4 Proposal: Add the following text on page 9

Add under:

Removal of a Regional Trusted Servant

An Administrative Trusted Servant or Regional Subcommittee Facilitator may be removed by a 2/3 paper ballot vote. Note: The trusted servant shall be given a rebuttal time of 10 minutes. If the servant is not present the RSC can choose, by consensus, to remove them without rebuttal.

Intent:

If the trusted servant is not present, is it OK to remove them, anyway? I think so, but what if there is a case where someone objects to removing them when they are not present? Shouldn't we state that they can be removed even though they are not present, provided the group conscience decides it?

#5 Proposal: Remove the following text on page 12

Remove from:

Quarterly Funds for Standing Committees

Southern Zonal Forum \$100

Intent:

On Page 11--Administrative Committee Standing Appropriations--Section F.--states that "*RD or RDA or other designated persons travel and lodging to the (SZF)...(will be paid for by the RSC)*". The WSC Travel budget already reserves \$1500 for the WSC and (SZF).

Archives:

Hello, all, RCMs, trusted servants and NA members. I'm looking for the 2009 Convention Archives. The treasurer also said he had archives he would get to me and Bob T also stated that he found old Convention archives for me. I have yet to receive any archives. As soon as I get them, I will download the archives and bring copies to the next RSC. Sorry I don't have copies of my report.

Expenses: \$113.00 for motel.

ILS, Mary W.

TBRCNA 9: Chip and Bill could not attend RSC. Tom has the laptop and archival material.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend region due to financial constraints so here is my report in a nutshell. We had over 500 registrants and 85 newcomer registrations given out.

First I want to thank all my staff for the enormous effort they put into this convention. They went way beyond what was even expected of them. I would also like to thank the members of narcotics anonymous for their volunteer efforts at the convention. There

was never a shortage of help. I hope that everyone had a great time. I think this convention set a few standard for conventions to follow....We must remember that as delegates we are ultimately responsible for the message of N.A. to be spread at our conventions and that we are responsible to put on a convention that also is an event for our members. They are the ones that finance the events.

With that said, there are a few thing that went right and a few things that went wrong. We did that on purpose so that even those that like to complain, we had them covered to...he-he. The banquet was the one of the highlights of this convention...No more choice of meat or fish banquets please...do it right and they will come...our aim was to have the best money could buy for our members. we spared no expense and it was a great success...Even Fred Liked it...haha....just kidding Fred...I also had the opportunity to hug everyone in attendance and thank them for my recovery and for being there...what an honor to serve you guys...I know that Wild Bill felt the same way...the breakfast on Sunday was equally well attended and the food was good there also....

The programming committee chose great speakers for this convention...when you guys heard them, that was the first time I heard them...I know from past experience that if you get the right people for the right job, the convention chair position is a breeze (thanks Bill)...they asked me beforehand if i wanted to listen to the audio and I said "No", they were the committee, it was their choice...please future convention chairs, let your people do their jobs and you will be rewarded with exceptional performance...great speakers...programming did a great job..

I thought that merchandise did a good job also...again , get the right person for the job and turn them loose...give them a budget and let them bring it to the table...thanks Kary and Bob.

The entertainment committee out did themselves with our comedian/hypnotist..If you missed that show..OMG..I hope they do that again in the future...Hell I hope they do it again next year...

I want to thank Deacon and the serenity keepers for doing an excellent job getting everything in place...they were the backbone of the convention and kept everyone covered with volunteers...

Registration was excellent... probably the biggest recommendation for registration in the future is to make sure you use the Internet...Being able to register on-line was a great success.. We received over \$7,500.00 from registrations and merchandise there alone.

The only real problem we had was with the hotel sound system...recommend next convention, do not depend on hotel sound system. Rent one and have control over it...thing's would have been a lot smoother on Saturday night..

My only other recommendation is this...Do not depend on the RCM to carry the events back to Area, I am not complaining its just that every area meeting should include registrations and hype of the next convention...the big joke this year was...Whats the best kept secret in Texas? TBRCNA 9!....

Recommend to the next convention Chair...make sure that you have someone other than RCM to carry the convention news to the groups and at area...let them be your

voice...the RCM have a lot of other business to take care of, so get volunteers in each Area to be responsible to carry the message and registrations about TBRCNA 10..I think we would have had better registration numbers had we instituted this earlier...thanks to those who sold t-shirts in those areas too and set up registration tables at area events, you know who you are....

Again I want to thank all of you for your participation, what great memories I have from this convention and look forward to attending next years convention...

In Loving Service, Chip Gower and the greatest convention staff ever...thanks

\$10,801.79 profit from convention

TBRCNA 10:

Hello Family,

First of all I would like to thank all of you for allowing me to be of Service to TBRCNA X. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to participate in giving back what was so freely given to me.

The Convention Committee has been meeting monthly and is progressing along very well. We currently have all the positions filled and everyone is very enthusiastic about making this Convention a success, at fulfilling Our Primary Purpose. The theme is straight out of Our Fifth Tradition which states "Unity of Action and Purpose makes possible what seemed impossible for Us- Recovery". At this time I would like to report that the names on the account have been transferred and the new Treasurer, Vice Chair & my name have been added to the account. We have the \$5,000.00 seed money plus an additional \$1,116.01 giving us a total of \$6,116.01 in the convention account. Our Treasurer Raymond L. (GQ) has contacted the past Treasurer (Darla) to do an audit, but she will be unavailable until the next 2 months to so. What would this Region suggest we do?

Entertainment has locked in a hotel in San Marcos, TX @ The Embassy Suites. It is a really nice hotel and the rooms are starting at \$104.00 for a double bed suite. We also, have pre-registrations available for \$20.00.

Programming is asking for speakers and workshop topics- you can speak with Bob T. or mail them to our official P.O Box

TBRCNA X
P.O. Box 27283
San Antonio, TX.78227

Hospitality is asking for all the RCM's to please provide us with a list of contact info. And to please ask your Area if they would like to participate.

Arts & Graphics has done an awesome job and we are extremely grateful for his patience & tolerance and great detailed work.

Serenity Keepers has brought back bids for our two way radios and we have agreed to use S & P Communications.

Merchandise has received all the previous merchandise that was given to me by the previous Convention Vice-Chair that consisted of ashtrays, key chains & caps.

I would like to thank everyone on the Committee as well as those that have been so, kind and helpful in assisting us with their time Experience, Strength & Hope in making this Convention happen.

ILS, Lorraine R., Convention Chair, (210) 376-8555 lorrainectcana@hotmail.com

Open Discussion:

Discussion of two day RSC: We want to see what happens with the workshop/learning day tomorrow before making a decision.

Break 11:43 AM to 1:00 PM ish

Area Reports

BVANA: absent

CBANA:

Hi Everybody,

I am an addict named Sean...It is truly wonderful to see all of yall here in east Texas. The Coastal Bend Area is currently conducting 45 meetings with some being hosted by the 14 active groups through out our area. We have a great cast of characters manning the positions in service for the area.

Facilitator – Wayne - present	Off the Wall – David C. –absent (report)
Co-Facilitator – Dedee– present	Shot of Hope – Luis- present
Treasurer – Judy - present	Gem City – Israel - present
Recorder – Debbie– Present	Just For Today – Thada present
RCM I – Sean C. – present	Get it Together – Pete- present
RCM 2 – Debbie G	Stepping Up – Richard W.- present
PI = Vacant	Right Turn Only – Ed- absent(report)
H&I – Gregg - present	Easy Does It – Jake present
Activities – Celine - present	10th Street - Henry– present
Literature – Paul K.(Keri)	Survivors – Lydia- present
Web Servant – Tom – absent	Life’s Second Chance – Jim D – absent **
RBS – Mandy S. – present	A Conscious Contact – Mary C.- present
RBS Co Chair – Katrina – absent	A Day at a Time – Lester – absent **
Outreach – Tom K. - absent	
Policy Chair – Mike - absent	We do Recover – Stephanie – absent*
Phone line – Romeo - present	New Beginnings - Renee - absent

Debbie G. has been voted in as our RCM 2, and is here today to be recognized by this body.

The Fellowship around the Coastal Bend is having its ups and downs, while some groups are flourishing, others are struggling for support. One group reports sending Basic Texts to Cozumel, Mexico; averaging 35 to 45 addicts at each meeting, donating to Adopt an Inmate and still donating to the area. While another reports the lack of

home group members in order to form a service structure. But all in all the groups are carrying the message to the still suffering addicts that find their way down to the coast.

H&I reports that the learning day was a great success. Our committee members have panels that are going into SATF, Reality Ranch, CASA and Charlie's Detox which are institutions around Corpus. The PI position is vacant, and we haven't found a willing member to step up as of lately. The Phone line servant reports finding a previously lost phone and all is going well with the new logging all calls received and made. Our relatively new activities chairperson has formed a committee that has facilitated some very productive and fun events this last quarter. Our next event is a Pool Party on May the 31 at Collier Park.

Now for the BIG announcement, the annual CBANA beach camp out and recovery celebration will be on July 24, 25, and 26th. Our Website www.CBANA.org has some good information and directions for attending this event. Don't Miss RECOVERY BY THE SEA!!!!

ILS, Sean C. RCM 1

CTANA:

There's not a whole lot to report from our area, the only thing we have to touch on are that we have decided we are willing to host the SZF, as we were asked about doing by this body. We have 53 groups, with 92 meetings per week. The Recovery south group is having their 22nd anniversary on June 6th, 2009. There will be several speakers, 3 with over 25 years, and the main speaker Bob B. 47 years clean!!! We are also hosting a campout, Memorial Day weekend. May 22-25, 2009. I've forwarded flyers via all@tbrna.org. On a personal note, this is my last RSC as RCM for the CTA. I want to thank everyone for the positive experience I've gotten serving this body, and I'm sure this won't be the last you'll see of me! CTANA held an Area learning day that was successful. The Regional Learning days gave us the needed information to be successful. We also translated the material from the Learning Day into Spanish. Thanks for letting me be of service!!!!

Allen E. RCM I, CTANA

Bryan S. RCM II, CTANA

EANA:

Esperanza currently has 44 Groups, hosting 95 meetings weekly. We have a GSR workshop every month, 15 minutes prior to our ASC, and we have developed a GSR notebook as a tool. Included in the notebook is our Policy, A Guide To Local Services, The Twelve Concepts, and The Group Booklet. On May 30th we will be having a pancake breakfast (all you can eat) with a meat on the side, and a beverage for \$5 to be followed by a Robert's Rules of Order workshop, and all GSR's are invited to attend.

We are still doing the Building Stronger Home Group workshops, with our last one held last Saturday at 1336 San Fernando (where Great Beginnings meets) We had six Groups in attendance...Great Beginnings, Life Guard, Surrender / El Grupo Rendicion, Easy Does It, Just For Today, and Spiritual Awakenings. We are starting to see some Groups attending more than once, and getting more out of it the second time. Since we have started these workshops, we have seen a new Group start in Del Rio which has boosted the meetings from two a week to four a week. Crystal City has gone from one meeting a week to two meetings, and a new Group is going strong ten miles down the road in Carrizo Springs. These Workshops really do work.

Our Literature Review Subcommittee has been doing an outstanding job reviewing all new literature. They have been meeting all the deadlines and submitting input straight to NAWS.

We are still discussing when to have the RDA Workshop, and it was tabled till June. I was directed by my Area to make a Proposal to do away with the Regional Activities position. The Intent: The hosting Area Activities Chair can handle the responsibilities, money is tight and we don't need to create more positions to spend money we don't have.

I was also directed to propose that Region establish a Regional Ad Hoc committee to develop Adopt an Inmate Guidelines for approval by Region.

We had a discussion about the Archives position, which was basically an Ad Hoc position created to bring the records up to date when Theresa F. was first elected. Since then, this has been accomplished. Our Recorder can now easily keep it current. Do we still need this Ad Hoc Position to continue?

ILS, Jose C.

HCANA:

My name is Carlos and I am an addict. HCANA currently has 10 groups holding 34 meetings weekly. The area-planning tool has been passed along to each group as the first step of completing the area inventory.

Melanie A is our new treasure and Mary W stepped down as activities chair, John M is our new activities chair. The area body has also requested that RSC follow the 3rd concept of service, and have the RCM's make decisions at region instead of having everything not accepted go back to the area groups. "Our RCM's have the trust of HCANA to make decisions at the RSC."

HCANA is in the process of reviewing and rewriting the area guidelines and financial policy.

On May 9th the Freedom group of New Braunfels held a fundraiser with the proceeds going towards TBRCNA-10, the event was very successful with participation from various areas. I don't have dollar figures at this time but I understand the amount going to TRRCNA-10 is over \$600. TBRCNA-10 is scheduled for Feb 19 – 21 2010 in San Marcos TX. Recovery On A River (ROAR) is scheduled for May 30th from 11:00am to 9:30pm in Kerrville at the Louis Hays park.

HCANA voted to fund AAI within the Tejas Bluebonnet Region in accordance with the proposal submitted by CTANA.

To change the name to avoid conflicts with other groups that uses the name AAI.

Voted not to support the 2 extended day RSC proposal and keep learning day as a separate function.

\$44.80 donation for 7th tradition this quarter, HCANA is very tight on funds at this time.

ILS, Carlos

HASCONA:

The Houston area is growing in number and also in unity. We now have 39 active groups hosting 140 meetings per week. We have added three new groups since our last meeting. 1. The Cypress Group 2. Nuevo Modo de Viva and 3. Nueva Vida The last two meetings are Spanish Speaking Only meetings. We are very happy that they have joined our groups in the Houston area.

The Houston Area HACNA convention committee is meeting on a regular basis now. The convention is planned for July of 2010. Tune in for more details at a later date.

Upcoming Area Events:

- New Heights Group// Bowling Party – May 23rd 10:00-?
- TDCJ Orientating and Learning Day Familia Unida – May 30th- 9-7
- Phoenix Group- Recovery River Run- June 5-7, New Braunfels
- Houston Area Marathon Weekend, Alive and Kicking – July 31-August 2
Every group in Houston will have a speaker at this event!!!

The Houston area web address is www.hascona.com

Houston area phone line is: 713 661 4200.

HASCONA is financially sound and is carrying the message to the addict that still suffers.

ILS Bob R RCM-1, Bart P RCM-2

NASCONA:

We have 8 groups in the area 6 are active and we are holding 45 meetings a week. The New Hope Group in New Caney moved last week to 17703 Nonesuch Rd, Grangerland, TX 77306. All other groups in the area has the correct address.

We have had some very successful fund raisers for our annual Fellowship by the Lake in Huntsville State Park over Memorial weekend Everyone is invited to camp out or spend the day.

In PI we have been having no problems keeping the racks stocked in parole and probation

In H&I we are holding 3 meetings a week in the Montgomery county jail, the Estelle ADSEG is holding one meeting a week and this coming Monday we are going to restart the meeting in Estelle SAFPF

We would like to thank Coastal Bend - and the committees - for an incredible convention. We that attended were hypnotized with excitement!

ILS, Ben C., Marty C.

RGVANA:

See separate files at end of this record.

SETANA:

The South East Texas area currently holds 59 weekly meetings between our 5 Groups

I am now the RCM1

RCM 2 is a vacant position hopefully to be filled prior to the next RSC

Our area PI is going well

H&I is doing well

The new group C.C.C.in Beaumont continues to grow in under 2 years

CCC now has an average attendance of 20 plus member per meeting

Wings in Nederland is going Strong with average attendance being 30 members

New Life now located in Vidor TX has grown s since moving average attendance is 30 plus

Agape in Orange TX is still going strong with average attendance of 25 plus

Oasis the oldest group in our area still needs support

We have no info on their attendance and it was decided at our last ASC to take them out of our ASC meeting rotation until such time a trusted member could show up and attend

Oasis is still of course a member of SETANA and their meetings will still be

Listed on the area website

SETANA has no concerns at this time to bring to Region

In loving service, Albert W S.E.T.A.N.A. RCM1, www.setana.org

TTCANA:

Hi I'm Heimy H. an addict from Texas Tri-County Area

The trusted servant for our area as follows:

Chair	James R.
Vice Chair	Bobby
Secretary	Nickolai T
Treasurer	Brian D
Vice Treasurer	Open
RCM 1	Heimy
RCM 2	George M.
Activities	Open
Newsletter	Allan L
H & I	Kerry B.
Literature	Charlie H
Outreach	Open
Policy	Suni H.
PI	Jenn
Web Servant	David K.
Convention	Chris S.

Tri-County has 15 groups with 91 meetings a week. Most of the groups are doing well averaging between 7 – 30 members in attendance. We had a learning day that covered the NA service structure presented by the RCM's, the area H&I and area PI presented information on how these service structures function and their role in "carrying the message to the still suffering addict".

Texas Tri-County Area has a regional donation of \$1,709.94 for April and a May donation for \$1,009.52.

The exact location for the next region has not been identified, but will be settled at the June ASC and I will let everyone know where it will be on the Second Sunday in June.

George M is new RCM.

In Loving Service, Heimy H.

Sub Committee Reports:

Hospitals & Institutions:

Hello Everyone,

This was a great quarter for H&I. We had 2 learning days this quarter. We do have some learning days coming up this next quarter.

Brazos Valley- Robin M. is the chair for this area. They currently have 3 H&I meetings. Everything is going well for them.

Central Texas Area- Ross S. is the chair of this area. They carry the message to 14 facilities and everything is going well in this area.

Coastal Bend Area- Greg is the chair of this area. They carry the message to 4 facilities. We had a learning day this past quarter, 36 people showed up. They have 30 people scheduled for TDCJ orientation.

Esperanza Area- Esteban R. is the chair for this area. They currently carry the message to 11 facilities and all are doing well. The Connally Unit had their first NA meeting on March 5th and 25 people showed up. On June 6th they will be having an H&I/PI learning day. Their Area is struggling right now and needed some help with some IP's.

Houston Area- Cheryl S. is the chair for this area. They currently are carrying the message to 5 facilities. They will be having an H&I/PI learning day on May 30th. They will have a TDCJ orientation at that time.

Hill Country Area- Scott S is the chair for this area. They carry the message to 4 facilities. All is going well in their area.

Northside Area- There is no current chair for this position as of right now. Marty C. is our contact. They have 3 facilities they carry the message to and are looking for an H&I chair.

Rio Grande Valley Area- Mari B. is the chair for this area. They currently carry the message to 3 facilities. All is going well there and they are working on getting into the prisons and some new jails.

Southeast Area- Boyd C. is the chair for this area. They carry the message to 9 facilities. They are in need of a vice chair. Everything else is going well and they are growing.

Tri County Area- Kerry B. is the chair for this area. They currently carry the message to 4 facilities. We are planning a learning day for this next quarter.

We spent \$726.18 this quarter and I have given the receipts to Steve. Here is a breakdown:

\$160.98 Learning day in Corpus Christi

\$27.53 Gas for Region

\$71.30 Learning day in Beaumont

\$466.37 For H&I handbooks, PR handbooks and some IP's for Esperanza Area
I am returning \$73.28.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

I.L.S, Susen 512.743.5258

Convention Advisory Ad hoc Committee:

Hello Family, all is well within our committee and we should be able to present at the next RSC in August. We are just about half way through the Convention Guidelines document and should be in the review process soon of all the documents involved. Once again thank you all for having patience with us as we work on this task.

I.L.S. California Steve

Public Information: Had no expenses.

Elections

No nominations for Co-treasurer

No nominations for Activities

Nominations for Web servant: Tom K. Elected by consensus.

Jimmy D. nominated for Activities Chair. Jimmy qualified himself. He does not have the required clean time. We still need nominations.

Old Business:

Policy Change proposals

#1 Consensus "yes" to change to:

Sharing session on topics needing to be taken to WSC will be held.

Elections of Regional Delegate and Alternate Regional Delegate. All RCMs and GSRs are allowed to vote.

#2 Consensus "yes" to change to:

Agenda:

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

#3 Consensus "yes" to change to:

RD and RD Alternate will be elected every two years (even numbered years). Elections will be at a **Regional** Assembly one month prior to the World Service Conference. This vote will be a consensus of all GSRs and RCMs present at the Regional Assembly. The newly elected RD and RDA will assume their duties at the August RSC after that WSC. The RD Alternate will be the RSC's one representative to the Southern Zonal Forum.

and

In even numbered years, the RD will give a comprehensive WSC report.

#4 Consensus “yes” to change to:

Add under:

Removal of a Regional Trusted Servant

An Administrative Trusted Servant or Regional Subcommittee Facilitator may be removed by a 2/3 paper ballot vote. Note: The trusted servant shall be given a rebuttal time of 10 minutes. If the servant is not present the RSC can choose, by consensus, to remove them without rebuttal.

#5 Consensus “yes” to change to:

Add to:

p. 12 section 5. Add: Quarterly Fund Distributions to beginning of section

Change “Committee” to “Distributions”

“Donation for” Southern Zonal Forum \$100

Proposal to disband AAI at the regional level. Proposal not accepted.

Proposal to fund the AAI program up to \$400.00. If there is \$400.00 in funds, no TBR funds will be given. Proposal not accepted.

Proposal to change the name of the AAI program to avoid confusion. Proposal not accepted.

Proposal to change the current language of “Policy” to a set of “Guidelines”. Proposal not accepted.

Susen will send out a copy of AAI policy she has developed.

New Business

Proposal by EANA: to create an ad hoc committee to create guidelines for AAI. Decision will be made in August, after we have a chance to see what has already been developed.

Proposal by CTANA: to change policy so that Administrative committee does not have a vote on Old Business. Only RCMs will vote. After a long discussion, it was decided that this proposal will be taken back to the Areas.

Proposal by EANA: to abolish the Activities position. **Proposal not accepted.** Nominations are open to fill this position.

Proposal by EANA: to abolish the Archives position. **Proposal accepted.** Recorder will now keep archival material. It was suggested that archives be kept on website.

Next Meeting will be in Texas Tri-county. They will send a flyer once they have a location.

Announcements: Aug 22, World Unity Day will be held at Edgebrook Unity in Houston. James Mc will send and post a flyer.

A \$1034.35 donation will be sent to NAWS.

Regional Learning day tomorrow is at 908 Boston Ave, Nederland, TX.

Meeting closed with prayer at 5:30 ish PM



RIO GRANDE VALLEY AREA OF NA

PO Box 3747 Edinburg TX 78540

HELP LINE 1(877) 540-6734 or (956) 560-2978

RGV Area of NA Report to Tejas Bluebonnet Region

See attached Trusted Servants List, if anyone in the Valley needs help, find a meeting, or just plain fellowship, call us.

Meeting list attached. (less McAllen groups)

We are going to have a Unity weekend at SPI August 14-16 at Isla Blanca Park.

Serenity in the Sand will be held on September 25-27, 2009 also at Isla Blanca Park.

Our Area is supporting the GUINA Group in Matamoros Mexico (across Brownsville) although they are established. We will be attending the Noreste Area Convention there, which our web servant posted, thank you.

There is a new group in Reynosa Mexico (across Hidalgo/ McAllen) which we have helped out as well, some of the Spanish literature that H&I sent was given to them. They thanked the region for the literature. We are planning on getting them all the posters in Spanish and NA Literature, Some groups have donated literature to them.

Our Area continues to give support of Adopt an Inmate by the Region but believe this program should be united with all Regions that serve Texas. At Area we discussed that maybe a solution would be to make a Zonal Forum of Texas Regions.

We continue to grow and try to include the groups from McAllen with no success.

The Good Life Group is really not an NA group, it is offshoot of CA, although they use NA Literature. There is no accountability of funds and meeting is closed with Lords Prayer.

ILS, Rey V

RGV Area Trusted Servant Contact List

NAME	GROUP	PHONE CONTACT	EMAIL
Alondra Carreño	Turning Point Brownsville		carreno.alondra@yahoo.com
Eddie Blanco	Turning Point Brownsville	956-243-3338	ed21B@aol.com
Jeannette Guerrero	New Living of NA Weslaco	956-309-9255	newliving.mg65@yahoo.com
Mike Guerrero Sr.	New Living of NA Weslaco	956-309-9255	newliving.mg65@yahoo.com
Nathan Miller	Hour Glass Edinburg	956-570-7364	almandnate@yahoo.com
Jack Christian	Solo Por Hoy Edinburg	956-968-7088 (h) 210-875-1945 (c)	jackeeboy@yahoo.com
Rey Vela	Solo Por Hoy Edinburg	956-227-0362	reynaldovela67@yahoo.com
Marco Blanco	Turning Point Brownsville	956-521-2117	
Peter E	Another Chance	956-466-3753	r66stones@aol.com
Ralph de Pena	South Padre	361-549-5038 call after 6 pm	sosuadrurfer@yahoo.com
Julie Johnson	South Padre	361- 813-3011	juliej30@yahoo.com
Mari Barrera	Solo Por Hoy Edinburg	956-239-3778	hope10197@yahoo.com

RCM Report to Area de Habla Hispana de Texas

Hello everyone I'm an addict named Roman. It's a good day to be clean. This is my quarterly report from the Lone Star Regional Service.

All the RCM's Regional Subcommittees and Regional Staff meet every 3 months to discuss reports, concerns, and events for those Areas that are supported through the Lone Star Region. This is a two day meeting. I do have all the reports from other Areas other than ours. I will send these upon requests. If you would like a copy of the reports, give me your email and this information will be forwarded to you. This time the host for the RSC was the Piney Woods Area in Longview, Texas. Also, the Lone Star Convention Committee report was given.

Ricardo E from Tyler, Texas completed his commitment as Phone Chair for the Spanish Helpline and Antonio Z from Houston accepted the responsibilities and is now voted in as Phone Chair. Antonio will travel to Region twice a year and will bring reports to Area de Habla Hispana when we have the meetings at our Area.

Their discussion by Ross, which is the Regional Outreach Chair. Ross asked if Outreach could supply the Area de Habla Hispana with literature until we could get on our feet. The idea was to furnish groups registered through our Region with Starter Kits. I believe the resolve came when the Regional Chair suggested that the Lone Star office support the Hispana Area with \$500 of literature to be sold at cost to groups that are a part of this Area. It was also suggested that new groups be given 30 days to pay. This would go back into Spanish Inventory, that responsibility would be given to the RCM, Roman, until the Area elects to do otherwise. We found out that the travels the RCM will be furnished by the Hispanic Area. I will be traveling the Lone Star Regional Assembly in June and will pay out of pocket because I believe that I can learn more about how the service structure works and to better service our Area.

We were asked by the Lone Star Region to host the third week of October in Austin. I am currently working with a couple of hotels with the process of blocking 15 rooms and a room large enough to accommodate our Region Service Committee Representatives. I will keep you updated so that we can all help with the event.

I don't think I have anything else to report at the present time. I do want to mention that the Area de Habla Hispana T-shirts are here to be sold to support our area.