- Minimum of seven (7) years of continuous clean time, demonstrate stability in the local community and administrative skills.
- Must have previous convention experience.
- Willing to give time, energy and resources necessary.
- Active participation in the Tejas Bluebonnet Region.
- Must be willing to serve one (1) year prior and one (1) year after on the CAC
- Prepare the agenda and send it to the recorder to be placed into the minutes.
- To facilitate the Convention Committee Meeting. Single point of accountability to the RSC and must attend all RSC meetings. Report must include financial status.
- Point of accountability to the hotel along with the facilitator of the CAC.
- Votes only in the event of a tie.
- Exercise patience, humility, tolerance, and acceptance using knowledge of the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts of Service and familiarity with spiritual principles.
- Resolves personality conflicts.
- Works with the CAC to form a budget.
- Liaison to the CAC.
- Notifies committee members of sudden changes in meeting places and times.
- Co-signs on the Convention Committee bank account.
- Keeps Convention Committee in accordance with the Tradition, the Concepts and the purpose of the convention.
- Allowed to make non-financial decisions on matters between meetings when time is not available to call a full meeting. All decisions must be reported in writing to the committee at the next Convention Committee meeting.
- Makes a final report to include all subcommittee reports detailing successes and challenges.
- Required to be on-site during the convention.
- Required to attend all CAC budget meetings.
- The Facilitator will include in their report at each RSC where they are at in relation to the Proposed Timeline.